ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Active Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/13/13 01:07 PM Views: 875 Replies: 7
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Just wanted to say that I really like the added feature we now have on our multi-year CC website. Now anyone viewing the home page can easily see the total alum that have registered by clicking on the drop-down button and selecting their class year. Love it! Great job!

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM - Response #1

Hi Bruce,

Just wanted to tell you I really like your site! The statistics are great too! Were they hard to do? Are they automatically updated by being linked to the resources tracking them?

Thanks,

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #2

Hi Marla,

I can't take any credit for the statistics. Mary (co-Admin) put those together and she updates them from time to time. The one that always changes is the # of alumni who register and she manually updates that. I suppose we could ask for the HTML code from CC to pop in so it would automatically update with the new registrations. I'll have to check on that. For any other details on the stats you'd have to ask Mary Gill Smith.

Thanks for the nice comment on our site!

Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #3

Is it possible to edit the statistic box for Active Classmates to read Registered Classmates, instead, to indicate the same statistics of those classmates with Profiles and those without? Some of us "seniors" do not like being referred to as "active" and "inactive" as those words also indicate the type of lifestyle that we lead. And maybe the two pieces of the pie chart could be Profiles and No Profiles. Thanks!

Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 2:47 PM - Response #4

On the statistics page, an active classmate is defined as soomeone who has "joined and is participating in your site."

I agree that in the pie chart, Active and Inactive should be changed to reflect those who have a profile and those who don't.

On our site, I've created profiles for nine classmates who do not use a computer, but enjoy connecting with classmates via the phone or letter. I added their phone number and address in the Comments section. I wish their participation was reflected in the percentages in the pie chart.

Let's hear some suggestions, please, for renaming Active and Inactive in the pie chart. Here are some possibilities:

Profile/No Profile
Registered/Not Registered

Edited 03/02/14 2:48 PM
Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM - Response #5

Joined/Not Joined

Monday, March 3, 2014 at 12:08 PM - Response #6

One could also make an argument for including guest members who are joined/not-joined since ther're fully active members of the site. Or at least show them as one slice of the pie.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 1:49 PM - Response #7

CC - thanks for making the change to the former "Active Clasmates" pie chart which now reads "Joined Classmates."

Would you please make one more change: Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page: change wording in right module from "Active Classmates" to "Joined Classmates."

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.