ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

In Memory accessible by the system password?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/18/11 10:41 PM Views: 1657 Replies: 14
Monday, April 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Is there any way I can make the obituaries in In Memory closed to the public but accessible by the system password?

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM - Response #1

Whether individual profiles (which includes the In Memory pages) are viewable with the System Password or not depends on if the box below the System Password is checked:

SEE Example

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 3:57 AM - Response #2

Thanks, John. I didn’t make this clear, but I want to allow system password access to the obits but not to restricted profiles. None of the deceased members’ profiles have the Profile Visibility box checked. So logically, password protecting the In Memory page should accomplish what I want, but it doesn’t. The Classmate Profiles page works logically (password protecting it keeps the public out but allows system password access to unrestricted profiles). That’s how the In Memory Page should work.

Edited 04/19/11 3:59 AM
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12:14 PM - Response #3

The system password allows users to view any password protected section of the site (except for the Admin Functions). It is not section specific.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM - Response #4

Oops the system password does have some additional control over the locked classmate profiles if the admin turns that on. It does not have that control over other sections.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 1:51 PM - Response #5

Thanks for looking into this, Jessica.

But I don’t understand your response. None of the deceased classmates’ profiles is locked, so any additional control over locked profiles should have no effect.

In any case, can you request that the problem be fixed? E.g., make the In Memory page work like the Profiles page with respect to the system password and unlocked profiles or obits. Thanks.

Edited 04/19/11 2:11 PM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM - Response #6

I've tested further and see the issue. I'm forwarding to a programmer.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 3:49 PM - Response #7

The programmer has marked this issue as fixed and closed. Thanks for reporting it.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM - Response #8

Great! Thanks. I posted an announcement on our home page with effusive praise for CC.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 6:25 PM - Response #9

Oops! Now the system password allows access to all restricted profiles, and we don’t have the box checked to allow that. Please fix. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM - Response #10

I will have the programmer continue to look at this.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM - Response #11

It looks like it's fixed already. Is that what you hear from the programmer?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 8:56 PM - Response #12

yup, it is fixed.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 6:22 PM - Response #13

I am not sure this thread exactly covers my issue but it is the most recent and closest I could find.

I would like to have our In Memory info not to be accessible to the public through search engines. Is there something I must do to accomplish this goal?

Thursday, May 5, 2011 at 7:14 PM - Response #14

Joan,

I think all you want to do is to password protect the page. Go to Edit Site Pages, then check the PASSWORD column for "In Memory". This will block the search engines because they don't have the system password, so they cannot view the contents. It will also block anyone who doesn't know your system password or who isn't logged in from seeing the In Memory page.l

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.