ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PDF Link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/23/13 11:31 AM Views: 1217 Replies: 8
Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I am having a problem loading a PDF reunion registration file to a new, inactive page on our website. I have attempted to upload it several times and have gotten various messages from error to being told that it already exists, though I go to the file vault and cannoot find it anywhere. I am sure this is my problem and not a CC problem, but at this point can't figure out what I am doing wrong despite the fact I have followed directions I found from previous threads. Please help.

Thank you Virginia

Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM - Response #1

Before I go into any details of how to add the PDF, you do realize that you do not need to use a PDF for your classmates to register for your reunion? You can set up the Reunion Planner and have your classmates register directly from the website. You can even add customized questions to the registration so that you can ask all the questions that you need to know. They will be able to pay online if you choose, or if you would rather them send you a check, you can set up that payment preference as well. Offering your classmates the ability to register online will be a huge convenience for your classmates as opposed to having them print out a from that must be filled out and then mailed.

If this is still not what you wish to do, just let us know and I can walk you through adding the PDF.

Scott
Customer Support Staff

Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM - Response #2

Yes, I do realize that, long story, but this is a special one. No sure why I am have havng problems getting it linked. Pretty sure it's just me. Any or all help would be much appreciated.

Virginia

Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM - Response #3

What page are you adding the link to? Is this the correct PDF? : http://www.ridgewood58.com/000/1/6/7/576...egistration_Form.pdf

If so, there is a link for you. Of course you will want to format that link so that you don't have to display that entire path for your users.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM - Response #4

I will be adding it to the 55th Reunion Registration page, which is currently inactive. And yes, that is the correct PDF. Where did you find it, in the file vault?

At this point I've blanked out, senior moment, what do you mean 'by format the link?'

Friday, May 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM - Response #5

What I mean is that rather than display a link that looks like this: http://www.ridgewood58.com/000/1/6/7/576...egistration_Form.pdf ,You would create a link phrase such as Click Here To Download Registration that you link to the pdf file with.

1. Type your link phrase
2. Highlight the link phrase with your cursor
3. Click the insert link button (2nd row of buttons, 3rd from right)
4. Click the button for the file vault
5. Select the pdf and click insert.

this should link the phrase to the pdf.

Friday, May 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM - Response #6

OK, Got it. Senior moment gone now, just never considered that step formatting, don't know why. All is well, with the PDF file link. Thak you Scott for your patience with me. And thanks a MILLION for helping me with this issue!!!

Thanks, Virginia

Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM - Response #7

Way back on May 23-24, I needed help getting a PDF file into my File Vault. I was never able to get the file in my file vault and you did it for me. Well, now I have had to make a change in that PDF file and need to upload it to the File Vault again, but I can't even get into my file vault. Please help. Thanks, Virginia Lehmann

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM - Response #8

Hi Virginia,

I'll have Scott help you with this tomorrow.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.