ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Question for Brad

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/14/08 12:53 AM Views: 2164 Replies: 16
Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 12:53 AM

Brad, is there any way I can enlarge the picture I have on my home pages of the kids at Christmas? I would love for everyone to be able to pick themselves out of this old picture, but it is too small. Thanks!

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 3:58 AM - Response #1

Check out this thread.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM - Response #2

I give up. Now I feel stupid. I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks anyway. Just when I think I am pretty good at this stuff...

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 6:44 PM - Response #3

But...we don't allow giving up. Well, at least we don't allow giving up in the forums. Ya have to give up in private and then keep it your little secret.

Seriously though, where ya going wrong? Most likely you're one little thing away. And if you give up now, how ya gunna help the next person do this while I'm busy taking my 3 year old to the waterpark. Have ya thought about THAT?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM - Response #4

Now I feel ashamed...
Is the goal for me to put in a link to open up this up in a bigger size?

I am torn tonight between Survivor, Giants vs. Cowboys and my class web site.

So, if that is the goal and I have the picture saved the size I want on my own computer, then I think my problem is interpreting how to do a hyperlink. Is that what we are doing?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM - Response #5

Yes. Did you get the large image uploaded? If so can you send me the image link so I can see it? Once that's done the rest is a snap. Let's get your large image on the server first, and then let's get the link to it created.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 9:26 PM - Response #6

c:\Users\Debbie\Documents\christmas long ago1.bmp

It was downloaded and is on my home page. I don't think this is what you mean, is it?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 9:30 PM - Response #7

Nope. Here's what I want you to do. Following the steps in the thread I referenced above, I want you to use the CHAIN LINK ICON, UPLOAD tab to upload your large image to the server. Then I want you to send me the path to your image after you've uploaded it. Let's do just that first.

Oh, and by the way, if your large image is in bmp format, first you need to convert it to JPG. If you need a good free image resizing tool grab Irvanview from www.irfanview.com.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM - Response #8

What is a chain link icon?

Edited 12/14/08 10:16 PM
Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 10:16 PM - Response #9

It's the blue and greenish globe looking icon with the chain link. It's the same icon you use to make a hyperlink. After clicking on it, you'll see the Upload tab. You need to click the Upload tab to upload your large photo to the system.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:13 PM - Response #10

userfiles/File/christmas long ago(1).jpg

Is this it?

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 12:11 AM - Response #11

Yes! Great.

Ok, final step:

1) Go into edit mode for your page
2) Click once on your photo
3) Click the chain link icon and paste this exact link into the box: http://www.caruthersville1974.com/userfiles/File/christmas%20long%20ago(1).jpg
4) Save your page
5) For good measure you might want to add a caption under your photo that says "Click here to enlarge" or something like that.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 8:03 AM - Response #12

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are such a patient man which is a really good thing!

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:39 PM - Response #13

There's one more thing we can add if you'd like. When you click on the picture we can make the new picture load in a larger window so you don't actually leave your web site. Lemme know if you wanna do that.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:58 PM - Response #14

Sure, I'm game. One more thing. I would like to add the names of the people as we figure them out. Which file should I save that to? Do I have to start over on saving and everything?

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 7:12 PM - Response #15

Nope. I'd just add them right on your home page under the smaller photo.

Go into Edit mode for your first announcement. Then click Source. I added this string below to your code:

target="_blank"

See where I put it? I put it right after the link you made. That causes clicking on the small picture to open a new window with the larger picture. If you like it, you're done. If you don't, then remove the target="_blank" that I added and it will go back to not spawning a new window.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM - Response #16

You must be about the most patient man I have ever known. Thanks so very much!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.