ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Picture Size vs Page Loading Time

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/05/08 03:37 PM Views: 1368 Replies: 3
Friday, September 5, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Greetings, a few of our web links are downloading slowly (I see this more in Mozilla than IE). I am wondering that even though the pictures are resized when uploaded, if I could reduce the time a link page opens up, if I reduce some of the larger photos (some at 8" or more, down to say, 6-1/2" inches. If you look at our 73 Photos Backpage,

http://www.classcreator.com/Glendale-WI-Nicolet-1973/class_custom7.cfm

. . . you will see what I am referring to. Overall, it seems to take longer in Firefox to open up pages than IE, although I personally prefer to use Firefox. I look forward to any thoughts on this subject. Smile

Thanks, Bill

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 9:57 PM - Response #1

Bill, I just looked at your pics using FF and they appeared immediately and they seemed sized perfectly. Bonita

Friday, September 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM - Response #2

All of your photos loaded faster than I could even scroll to the bottom of your page. I can only imagine you may have been having a connection issue on your end. We did have to reboot the entire Class Creator system twice today as well, so if you happened to have caught it at that exact moment, that too would have presented a delay. In any case, I think you've done everything right, and that the vast majority of people (baring any remaining dialup people) will have zero problems loading your page.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM - Response #3

Thanks Bonita and Brad,

Good to know the photos are loading well (and hopefully even better yet) as I am continuing to do page clean-up on our reunion links.

There is something not copacetic with my Firefox Installations at home and at the office as they both start slow down/hang as I do more web surfing or page reloading. IE is much easier for me to do the page edits with although I would prefer to avoid using it like the plague. Smile

Other than that, I think we're in good shape. What do you think? Thanks again for looking!

Best, Bill

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.