ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't Find A Page???

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/14/13 09:08 PM Views: 1351 Replies: 6
Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I was editing some of my site pages and creating new pages for things I had previously created in the gallery. Copying code to new versions of the pages. I have a very strange occurence. I think I need one of the CC gurus to help.

I created a NEWS page with a sub-page for Friday Niter. That's fine and everything looks great. In the Friday Niter page, I have a link to another page I created with the following url: http://www.pktalphagamma.com/Friday-Niter-Archives-NE.htm. The link works great. I went to go back and edit the page name for the linked page and the page is nowhere to be found on my Edit Site Pages page.QuestionQuestion As I said, the link is working now and that's fine. However, I will be editing this page in the future and I cannot because it is not available to me. I had placed it as a sub-page of the Friday Niter page. I am completely stumped.

In case this page is "lost" I have copied it to the inactive page Old FN Backup - just so I wouldn't lose the coding. I will delete that page if my original page can be returned to my Edit Site Pages list.

Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM - Response #1

Go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Friday Niter ... on the edit window that appears, I believe you are speaking of the link that is in the first link that says: To read the most recent issue click HERE (where HERE is the link). Highlight the word HERE with your cursor. Then, in the buttons above, in the second row 2/3 to the right, there is a button with a globe and a chain link. Click that button. That will reveal the link that is on the word HERE and you can change the link.

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM - Response #2

Scott - I know I can change the link if I need to - that was my reason for creating the backup page. But my question was where was my original page? Today I see it all the way at the bottom of my pages list. (I have since moved it to it's correct location). Was it "lost" somewhere? Last night it was nowhere in my listing.

Oops: This is still me. I was logged in from one of my other sites.

Edited 03/15/13 12:17 PM
Friday, March 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM - Response #3

I can't see the background as Scott can but I would say your page is located where the link takes you. Look at the link location. In other words, when you follow Scott's directions, stop at the replacement of the link to read the link location, Barbara. Hope this helps. Smile

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM - Response #4

Gwen,

I know where the actual page is located. My problem was that the page was not appearing in my list when I went to Edit Pages. So I had no way of getting to it. Sure, if I clicked the link it opened. But you can't edit from there. It was nowhere in my Edit Pages listing last night. That is what was puzzling me.

In any event, today it suddenly appeared in my Edt Pages listing - albeit not in the correct location. I've since moved it to the correct location.

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 3:36 PM - Response #5

What matters is that you have it and have placed it where you want it. Yay! Smile

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM - Response #6

Sorry I misunderstood the question. Happy that you have what you needed now.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.