ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Here is a cool trick I just discovered

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/04/18 09:44 AM Views: 494 Replies: 6
Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Here is a cool trick I just discovered. You can use it if you want to quickly view all of the profiles in your Classmate Profiles page or your In Memory page.

Open up your Classmate Profiles page.
Click the SEARCH button.
Click the "New window" radio button
The page will refresh and close the Search window.
Now click on one of your classmates names, the new window/tab will open with their profile displayed.
If the profile didn't open up in a new window, right-click the browser's tab and choose "Move to new window".
The profile is now in a named window of it's own.
Make your two browser windows on your monitor so that the classmate profiles is on the left side and the new window is on the right side of your screen.
Now click on a different classmate profile, the window on the right side will refresh with the new classmate's profile.
Continue to click on classmate profiles and they will appear on the right side.
You do not have to have the extra step to return to the list of classmates because you see the list of classmates in the left browser window.

The same "new window" setting is sticky. If you set it on your Classmate Profiles page, it also applies to the In Memory page.

The "new window" setting is stored in a cookie on your computer, so if you like this setting, you will need to set it up on each computer that you use. Setting it up for yourself does not set the feature up for your classmates.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 11:05 AM - Response #1

That will be handy Kyle! Thank you.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 2:19 PM - Response #2

I like this!

Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 8:31 PM - Response #3

Not getting the full results in Firefox, Kyle. Which browser did you use?

Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 11:56 PM - Response #4

Works quite well in FireFox 61.0.1 here Gwen.

Monday, August 6, 2018 at 6:57 PM - Response #5

Worked well in my new Brave browser. I opened the classmates page. Clicked on a classmate name, then moved that new tab off the browser. I could then open any other classmate profiles into it.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 1:16 PM - Response #6

I always use Firefox.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.