ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

adding guest members in batch upload

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/23/09 09:24 AM Views: 1362 Replies: 5
Monday, March 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Hi guys,

Here's our situation. We are currently managing 2 class websites, each site having 5 graduating years. As we expected, classmates from one site are asking to become guest members of the other site. And what we want to accomplish is to add everyone as a guest member to their sister website. But the csv template is requiring a year field. Is there a way to do this in a batch upload or is this a one-at-a-time operation?

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:25 AM - Response #1

You cannot designate that a member is a guest member on the batch upload sheet, but you could put any year, upload, then edit each record and change the status to Guest Member.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM - Response #2

Thanks Brad! That's what we'll do then.

We're still having fun re-connecting with old friends. And we can't wait for those upgrades! Keep on keeping on...

Billy Lee

Monday, June 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM - Response #3

Brad Switzer wrote:

You cannot designate that a member is a guest member on the batch upload sheet, but you could put any year, upload, then edit each record and change the status to Guest Member.

Brad,

I was searching the forums for this same information and found this thread. I see that it is more than two years old so I thought I would check to see if the answer is still the same. We are considering providing guest membership to members of another class website and it would be handy to be able to upload the CSV file with the guest status included.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 12:13 PM - Response #4

This is still not the case. You could use the cvs to upload the members, but you would still need to go into each of their details pages and change the Show on Class List option to Show as Guest, for each member.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM - Response #5

OK, thanks Scott.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.