ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Interesting Conundrum

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/03/24 10:43 AM Views: 68 Replies: 5
Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 10:43 AM

I had a classmate report that they were unable to leave a comment on an In Memory page because the Post Comment button was not present. I know she was logged onto the site and had, in fact, just successfully left a comment on another classmate's profile during the same session. She is using Chrome on a phone to access the site.

Anyone run into this situation or one similar? Any suggestions?

Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

Were there other previous posts on that In Memory page? I ask because I ran into a strange set of symptoms a while back where a classmate had decided to uncheck his "Allow Comments" box in his profile. Not only did it stop people from posting comments in his profile, it also disabled anyone from posting a comment in other profiles (and the Message Forum) under where that classmate had previously posted a comment.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 11:57 AM - Response #2

Yes, there were several previous posts. Three even on the same day a couple of hours before the unsuccessful attempt. And when notified of the problem I accessed said page and could have posted a comment too.

Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 12:11 PM - Response #3

was the classmate logged in when they attempted to post?

Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 12:32 PM - Response #4

While the In Memory page is open, and you can see the Post a Comment box when viewing an entry, you get a warning that you must be logged in if you try to post. Not seeing the box appears to point to something in the browser.

Edited 09/03/24 12:36 PM
Tuesday, September 3, 2024 at 12:50 PM - Response #5

I've asked her to see what version of Chrome is installed and to clear the cache but haven't heard back yet.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.