ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How do get domain name after it has expired?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/13/11 10:54 PM Views: 1436 Replies: 6
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I received several different notifications that our domain name was up for renewal. I remember getting notices that some of these were scams. I guess one of them was legit because you can no longer get to our site. How do I get our name back, please help!!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM - Response #1

Terri, what you want to do is go to www.Classmates.Net, log into your account, and renew your domain name. Upon doing so the site will immediately come back.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 6:21 AM - Response #2

It says it's past the renewal time, also won't let me get the same .com one, although it looks like it's still available.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 6:37 AM - Response #3

Classmates.net or .com? Classmates.net is not coming up.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 9:50 AM - Response #4

I think it should be classNAMES.net. I think Brad did a typo.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM - Response #5

This domain is beyond the expiration date and cannot be renewed with this process. This is the message I'm getting, but I think it is still available.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM - Response #6

For about two-three weeks after a domain expires the owner can renew it for the original price

At some point after three-four weeks (I don't have the exact dates - they don't publish them) the domain falls into what is called the Redemption period. During this time the original owner can still renew the domain, however, it has to be redeemed back from the central registry who charges $250 for this redemption renewal.

I don't know what your domain name used to be, but one thing you could do is instead of "classof81" (for example) , you could buy "classof1981" and still pay the $19.95 instead of the $250.00.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.