ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PM and history

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/17/08 04:44 PM Views: 1408 Replies: 6
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 4:44 PM

One of my classmates accidently deleted a PM she received. Is there a way to get it back?

Also, it would be a nice feature if we can see copies of our sent messages or have a quote function in PMs so we can see the chronology of the convo. Sometimes people take a few days to respond and I can't remember what I said in my previous message, so it would help to be able to see the sent message.

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM - Response #1

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

One of my classmates accidently deleted a PM she received. Is there a way to get it back?

No. Once it's been deleted, it's gone.

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

Also, it would be a nice feature if we can see copies of our sent messages or have a quote function in PMs

Sent messages: There should be a link to this somewhere but apparently there isn't. I'm not 100% sure how well this works.

Sent Messages Folder

I agree, the quoted reply on PMs would be good too.

Edited 07/17/08 9:36 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM - Response #2

Let me clarify, are you asking about private messages sent through your class web site, or messages sent through this forum?

Threaded messages are coming this Fall to your class web site. We actually created the threated message system a couple months back and tested it live for a day, and realized we had to create a better structure for it. So this is back on the "to do" list. Coming back just as soon as we get back to this task. A few more pressing issues in front of it currently.

Edited 07/17/08 11:15 PM
Friday, July 18, 2008 at 1:45 AM - Response #3

Rick Root wrote:

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

No. Once it's been deleted, it's gone.

Cathy Plotnick wrote:

Also, it would be a nice feature if we can see copies of our sent messages or have a quote function in PMs

Sent messages: There should be a link to this somewhere but apparently there isn't. I'm not 100% sure how well this works.Sent Messages Folder

I agree, the quoted reply on PMs would be good too.

I'm not talking about the PMs on this message board. I'm talking about the PMs on our reunion website. We can only see the messages we receive, not the messages we've sent.

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 1:47 AM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Let me clarify, are you asking about private messages sent through your class web site, or messages sent through this forum?

Threaded messages are coming this Fall to your class web site. We actually created the threated message system a couple months back and tested it live for a day, and realized we had to create a better structure for it. So this is back on the "to do" list. Coming back just as soon as we get back to this task. A few more pressing issues in front of it currently.

I"m asking about PMs sent through the class website to be able to see our sent message history and to have a quote feature to see chronology of the convo.

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 1:54 AM - Response #5

Ok, just making sure. A threaded email system is coming to your Class web site later this year. You will be able to see previous dialogue, etc. Stay tuned.

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 1:56 AM - Response #6

Ok, thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.