ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Domain expired/renewed

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/19/19 02:01 PM Views: 515 Replies: 8
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Help! I cannot find any help on this. Our Domain expired by 28 days before anyone on our reunion committee noticed. We paid the yearly renewal fee, but our website has yet to be accessible, and it has been 6 days. Who, or where, can I get help on this? Our website is www.austin1989.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

Looks like somebody "stole" your domain name, HERE it says it expires on 2020-10-16 and was updated 2019-10-17 but just has some apartment links (shows on Edge).

I think that's a scheme to make you PAY. Better to get a new name and tell your classmates via a message broadcast.

Is THIS your website? [has some html errors on bottom]

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 9:03 PM - Response #2

It appears that the domain name IP address did not get resolved when the domain name renewal was processed. I just updated the IP address and the domain name should be back to normal very soon.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 9:10 PM - Response #3

That was my first guess, but when I saw the Page shown in Edge, it made me wonder.

How did THAT get shown for that domain?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:29 PM - Response #4

No idea how it would come up in one browser but not another when it was an IP issue. Working now though.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:30 PM - Response #5

It appress we have the same problem. We paid to renew rrhs64.com for five years on October 10 and now that address produces a notice that it has expired and a link t enom.com so we can renew. I checked WHIOS and nom.com is shown as the registrar for the rrhs64.com domain name. What has happened here?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM - Response #6

Reid.... Your domain name expired on November 18th. You can either renew at your classnames.net account, or pay $19.95 at this page and we will renew for you.... Your subscription is paid through 2024... a 5 year domain name registration is $89.75. (Suggested)
https://www.classcreator.com/payment.cfm

Your Class Creator Subscription renewal does not include the domain name.

If the domain name is in the prior Root admin's name, we will need to get permission from them to transfer it to you.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:53 PM - Response #7

So the $561 we paid on 10/10 was for the website but not the domain name? Why does the domain name show as being registered to enom.com? Is that you guys? I'm a bit leery at this point of clicking on anything and sending more money. Please explain who anon.com is and show me some identification so I'll know this is really Scott Mastenbrook. Wink
We'll go to that link and pay the domain registration there. Thanks as always for your help.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:59 PM - Response #8

Classcreator's sub company is a RESELLER of enom.com services. That's why it shows that way.

You pay CC's processors company and then they pay enom.com

You don't have to use CC's company - it's just easier in setting up but a bit more expensive.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.