ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Login abnormal with Chrome browser

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/03/17 12:25 PM Views: 1140 Replies: 24
Friday, February 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Here is the sequence of events:
I am using the Chrome Browser and when I go to the my CC site and get an initial screen there is no login block, only the blue 'Member Log in...' button is there.
Nobody is listed as being online.
The Member Functions icon is the only icon that is displayed.
Selecting the 'Member Log in...' button gives me a login window and when I enter that it gives me the same original screen, only now with me as being on line and still only the Member Functions icon showing.
Selecting the Member Functions icon gives me another login window on the screen and after entering that I get correctly logged in.

I have cleared browsing in Chrome and rebooted the system but to no avail.
How do I get back to a one screen, one entry login?

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 3:04 PM - Response #1

Going to your site shows me the expected home page with a full login block asking for id and password. What network address are you using to get there? Have you tried clicking on the "View Site" button on one of your forum entries?

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 6:01 PM - Response #2

I had the same result on your website as you did in Chrome, but it worked as it should in Safari. Question

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 6:28 PM - Response #3

John,
I used www.sigma-excels.net.
LeAnn,
Your response is interesting...maybe Chrome is the oddity.
BTW, Does your version of Chrome happen to be 55.0.2883.95?

Edited 02/03/17 6:42 PM
Friday, February 3, 2017 at 8:41 PM - Response #4

Earl,

I too see only the blue member log on my site and have no problem logging on. I'm using Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87.

When I go to your site and press on the blue log on button I'm taken to the log on screen as I was on my site. Of course I can go no further as I'm not a member.

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 8:54 PM - Response #5

F.C.,
I updated my Chrome to the same version as yours, and get the same thing...Blue Log in button and then if I select it, or the person icon, I get the next Log In screen.
Using that screen I do get logged on; however, before this started I got a screen with an area (the Member Log In block) where I could enter email address and password and log in right from there. It still works that way with Firefox and Safari, as far as I can tell.
I wonder what happened to Chrome to change that.

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 10:32 PM - Response #6

The member log in box still appears as it always has using IE and Firefox and until recently, as you note in your original post in this thread, Chrome.

I just noticed that after I log in using Chrome that the blue member log on button is no longer there but rather the screen now appears as it did before this anomaly first appeared. Whatever's going on the situation seems to be quite fluid.

Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:34 PM - Response #7

Did you happen to clear Chrome browser cache?

Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 12:19 AM - Response #8

CC modified the code here - for CHROME. They changed the way you log in to be more secure (since what they originally had technically was flawed).

They actually implemented the concept John proposed. Your HOME page now has a login page that redirects to an https page with the login. Look at the top URL, you will see it's not longer your domain name.

Once you are logged in, it reverts to your domain name again.

However, that Should NOT been done without telling us first. It's going to be VERY confusing to our users.

Edited 02/04/17 12:26 AM
Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 12:22 AM - Response #9

What I also don't get is why not do this FOR ALL the browsers? The Chrome 'not secure' prefix on the URL was not a big deal.

And if security is an issue, then do this for ALL browsers.

So please let's make ALL browsers the same please.

P.S. for those that did not read the original discussion about the Chrome change - it gives a small warning that might be noticed by some. Making the home page https right up front would disable most scripts/widgets people use because they would be blocked by https.

So this change keeps everything working, but introduces a high degree of confusion to users. The login will be different depending on the browser used. Now that makes no sense at all - sorry.

Edited 02/04/17 12:34 AM
Monday, February 6, 2017 at 1:32 PM - Response #10

This is a work in progress. More changes to come shortly.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 7:22 AM - Response #11

I use IE. the homepage log-in has changed....and there isn't an option to click on FORGOT PASSWORD. You don't have the ability to request a new password unless you open the 'sign in' option.

Look forward to add'l changes to make the log-on and/or password changes clearly displayed.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:05 PM - Response #12

We have tweaked the implementation a little further and decided to carry the methodology across to all browsers for a consistent experience. The Sign In button takes you to a secure page where the member can either log in or request their forgotten password. The Keep Logged In checkbox remains in that login box as well. The color of the Sign In button should respect your Primary Site Color setting.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM - Response #13

I had a similar problem with Chrome--in the end I threw out my Chrime Browser and downloaded a new one. And everything worked perfectly after that. Weird.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:12 PM - Response #14

This is happening on Microsoft Edge also, on the computer. I figured that you guys were working on something. The only way I can login is up at my little person in the corner. BTW, have received NO complaints from classmates and have had many on the last few days (always the first of the month after my newsletter).

Denise

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:14 PM - Response #15

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

The color of the Sign In button should respect your Primary Site Color setting.

It does for the other 5 CC sites of which I'm a member but not for my '58 site. There it shows up as blue. It should be green. A difference is that I'm using the Responsive Design for this site whereas the others are not.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 3:42 PM - Response #18

Can an add'l tweak be made that indicates to click on Sign In to get to the 'forgot password' link

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM - Response #19

FC - I updated your button color on the site you use that is a Responsive Template. That particular template has a setting under the Customize Design page > Content > Buttons ... to set the button color. I copied the color that you use on your navigation to the Primary Button color setting.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM - Response #20

Thanks

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:21 AM - Response #21

Chrome released a "new update" last week which has been causing issues at a number of sites not just CC.
We have been told by the admin at my District to use FireFox for now...

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 11:42 AM - Response #22

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that Firefox is releasing an update with the same restrictions. That is what I hear anyway.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 1:36 PM - Response #23

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that Firefox is releasing an update with the same restrictions. That is what I hear anyway.

Scott you get the same messages I get

Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:41 PM - Response #24

already out. FF 51.0.1 showed a padlock with a slash

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.