ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

changing classmate's e-mail address

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/23/11 02:00 PM Views: 1213 Replies: 2
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I am trying to change an e-mail address for a classmate that cannot log into the site. After entering the new address and clicking to change her password to a temporary one, I get the following banner message:
"After you click SAVE CHANGES, the original email address rjvette@charter.net will be notified of this change so they will be able to log in again with the new address. If they are currently logged in, they will be instantly logged out. Unless this classmate is unable to do so, we highly recommend letting them change their own email address themselves." I get this banner regardless of where I click on the page, even clicking on save changes. It extends beyond the edge of the page so I do not know if there is a close X in the right upper corner. I can't get rid of it. So, I guess my only option is to delete this classmate and either reenter her myself or ask her to rejoin the site.

Glenn Ellen

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM - Response #1

Hi Glenn,

You don't need to delete the classmate. Try hitting the Enter or Return key on your keyboard when that message comes up. If the message came up at the time you clicked on "Save Changes" you'll probably need to click it again after dismissing the popup.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 at 2:39 PM - Response #2

Thank you for this response. When I used the enter key after changing the e-mail address, I got the same message in a smaller box with an OK in the bottom right corner, but obviously was able to continue with the change.

As always, CC support is awesome.

Glenn Ellen

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.