ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Profile Visibility

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/24/11 07:05 PM Views: 1398 Replies: 5
Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Under Edit Classmate Profiles, I have chosen the option to Show Admin-entered Classmate Profile details prior to Classmate joining the site. However it doesn't appear to be working. I have alternated with picking the sub options, show to public and show to logged in alumni only and neither appears to work. Each time you are shown a screen which says "If you are so and so "join here" and no profile details. What am I doing wrong? I would really like to use this feature to place Facebook ID's on profiles of classmates who haven't joined so that classmates who have joined have an additional way to contact the ones who haven't joined.

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM - Response #1

It seems like there might be a bug in this feature. You seem to need to have a "Comment" field with data.

See this classmate for an example:
http://www.hoxa.org/class_profile.cfm?member_id=4684277

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:32 PM - Response #2

And the field needs to be one of the DEFAULT comment fields.

I will check with the programmers to see why, but until now, you can put something in your "Favorite School Memories" field and also the "Facebook" field and they will both show up.

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:41 PM - Response #3

Thanks Kyle, that worked like magic..! Another question: it seems we can download profiles en masse.......any plans to make it possible to upload profiles the same way..I have a collection of FB ids which will be time-consuming if i were to put in place one by one.

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:55 PM - Response #4

I don't think it is in the plans. I don't think that any new features are being implemented before ClassCreator 3.0 is released and I haven't heard that this feature is part of ClassCreator 3.0.

There are currently no profile fields that are uploaded.

One idea you could do is use a custom page (or survey page/ gallery page) and then paste links to all of the classmates on that page. This wouldn't take as long. For an example, see my facebook page:
http://www.classcreator.com/spanish-fork-ut-1981/class_custom1.cfm

I have unpassword protected the page for the next little while, but will lock it up again later tonight.

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle, i guess thats what i will have to do. Its just that im going to have about 2000 names with FB links! In fact i had started out a few months ago thinking I ll just have an alumni list with FB links ( i had done something similar for a primary school i had attended (see http://carmelhaz.blogspot.com). And then i stumbled on to your wonderful class creator program and shelved my initial plan...now i have a project thats 100 times bigger, but Im enjoying every minute of it! and i guess my originally planned list can find a little corner inside..of this cc site..which is not so bad after all....Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.