ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Release Management

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/11/09 05:12 PM Views: 1411 Replies: 4
Monday, May 11, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Brad

I'd like to suggest that you implement a release managment process so that customers can identify each release of new functionality, when it was released and get access to documentation/help related to the functionality. I find it hard to keep up with all the new features you guys crank out and think this would help me quickly determine if there is new stuff is that I can to take advantage of. Currently the only option I have is searching the forums and the information can be tough to find and it's not easy to find a simple list of "what's new". I realize this may slow down your developers some, but I'm sure they want their releases to have maximum impact and this would be a way to help them achieve that.

Thanks for your consideration,

Kevin

Edited 05/11/09 5:13 PM
Monday, May 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM - Response #1

That's primarily what the New Feature Announcements forums is for. The best thing to do is subscribe to it, that way you won't miss anything new because all new items will come to your email.

Note, we send only major system changes to people's regular email. Quite a few folks are very particular about the types of emails that come to their personal boxes, so we've limited system wide emails to only really important system changes that we think are imperative everyone know about.

Aside from that, we will release more minor new features in the New Features announcement forum, usually with a little help regaridng the feature if help is necessary. If anything is confusing regarding the new feature, the forum is of course the place to ask .

Finally, there are some little tweaks we make on a regular basis that we don't announce anywhere, but they're not the types of changes anyone really needs an announcement for. Maybe we've changed the wording on a button to make it more clear or something like that, but the functionality itself really isn't changing. From time to time you may notice those types of things, but generally these types of changes aren't going to cause confusion.

What we'd really like to do is get back to our Help Videos, which is the best way for people to learn, but as you've pointed out we've been a little swamped for a few months with user requests, and most likely wont' be able to get back to that until after July when new staff will be joining us. Stay tuned, a lot of exciting things are in the works, and we'll do our best to both announce and educate regarding any new features being released.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM - Response #2

As an IT professional the talk of Release Management fills my head with nightmares of read tape. But, what might be useful and easy to implement is a sticky thread in the New Feature forum with a list of enhancements, when they implemented and a link to the thread discussing them.

For example:

4/9/09
Reunion Store II New Features
1. Fees changed from 5.9 to 4.9%
2. More Payment options
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=891E6F39-E3D8-2D78-0FE84E500BC7F32F

4/5/09
New Threaded Forum Editor Now Available
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=77660AAB-E526-274B-075CFB24870705F3

This is just a thought I think you are creating a wonderful product and tell everyone thanks.

Edited 05/22/09 12:38 PM
Friday, May 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM - Response #3

Uhh, that's what I suggested. A simple list of what was released and when.

Friday, May 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM - Response #4

We can do that. Also again, make sure you subscribe to the New Features forum, and you're assured not to miss anything.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.