ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey Enhancement Request(s)

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 10/24/08 08:47 PM Views: 1466 Replies: 13
Friday, October 24, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Hi!

First off, I want to say that this is a great site to use and maintain!

One thing I've noticed with the surveys is that in order to see individual's responses, you have to go back to the survey results, click the link to open the "Members who have responded to this survey", and then choose the next person in your list. Mine is pretty manageable, but still somewhat tedious to use to find out answers to certain questions. I asked one question of people to find out who would be willing to help on the reunion committee, so to find out I have to go through all of them. It would be great to have an easier way to page to the next details page.

Also, it would be a bonus if we could link to the answers to show on the home page or somewhere we want the results. For instance, I have put on my home page the answers for the 20 or 25 year reunion question with the table that is there in the Survey results. I just copied & reformatted the code, but it would be nice to have an easy way to have it available to link directly to just the one answer (no comments, just the percentage table) so I don't have to update it with new results.

Thanks!
Suzanne

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 3:08 AM - Response #1

1) We're going to add the respondents' names to the collective view so you can see exactly which answers belong to which Classmates.

2) Good idea! The more dynamic stuff on the home page, the better. We will do this -- thank you.

We are currently working on some major new features -- it may be awhile before we get to this task.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 9:53 PM - Response #2

Brad, When will this happen for non-administrative users? We would like our classmates to view the survey responses with the class names the way I can as administrators. Is that possible? Thanks Elaine

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM - Response #3

Only somebody with admin privileges can drill down to specific Classmate responses, but you can always give admin abilities to anybody you want to see those results. Or if there's answers to questions you want all Classmates to be able to see you could always use Profile Generator. That way answers would appear right in each Classmate's Profile.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 1:16 PM - Response #4

hi

I was curious if the Survey reponses are being stored in a table and, if so, can they be exported?

We are considering t shirt sales. Before we lay out the cash we want to determine the interest. An excel report would be helpful to review the data.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 3:30 PM - Response #5

Uh huh. And if we add this for you what do we get in return?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM - Response #6

I'll send you a case of REAL beer for helping me with this one...

When we are looking at who has and who has not responded to the survery, I'd just love to be able to blast all of the ones who haven't done so from the survey results page, instead of having to take each name and manually go and give thm grief!
Just a thought to lower my blood pressure...

Thanks
Donaldeh

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM - Response #7

Name it... you got it!!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM - Response #8

Added both of these items to the Task List. I can't guarantee a time on this, as the Task List is gigantic. But if either one of these things are done in the next week, I'm collecting beer, plus whatever else.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM - Response #9

I have the beer packaged and ready to press send!!!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM - Response #10

Ok, now you can email ONLY those Classmtes who have not responded to the survey. You can not export anything yet though.

Ya see, this is the difference between offering virtual beer, and REAL beer.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM - Response #11

Cool Oh, that's very cool! I love it! Thank you Brad!!!

BTW, see this thread for an alternate solution to export survey data: "RE: Can we export from the Reunion Planner page?" (I tried to paste the URL, but it only goes to the main Forum list)

Edited 02/04/09 10:54 AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 11:16 AM - Response #12

Click here for thread mentioned above. I can link it and you can't, nah nah.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 12:22 PM - Response #13

Oh, we're resorting to "nah, nah's" now, are we? Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.