ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Download Class Lists page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/05/12 03:48 PM Views: 2002 Replies: 18
Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I've had my attention everywhere but on the sites the past couple weeks. That noted, I realize I may have missed when the Class List Download options became available. It is great! I look forward to the day I have time to get to it. I'm sure it will give me many ideas. Smile

Later!

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM - Response #1

Actually, it isn't all the way complete. It is still being tweaked .. Only been there a couple of days.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM - Response #2

What I came to say was...

Thanks, CC! Smile

Saturday, May 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Kyle!

As soon as I am employed and all is settled, I know I will be using this feature! Very Happy

Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM - Response #4

The download class list capability is a great improvement, but did you take away the ability to download an "all classes" list for multi-year sites?

Saturday, October 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM - Response #5

Stan Maupin wrote:

The download class list capability is a great improvement, but did you take away the ability to download an "all classes" list for multi-year sites?

Hi Stan,
I use the CHECK ALL YEARS button, which give you all classes. It is above the list of years. Is that what you are looking for?

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM - Response #6

Unfortunately, there is no such option. Because of the drag on resources that downloads of large, multi-class sites impose on our system, we have had to limit downloads to one class year at a time in order to assure the system will remain responsive for all users. Hopefully this is an interim solution while we work out a more efficient way to handle large download requests.

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM - Response #7

Are you seriously telling me that an occaisional 15 meg download by the small number of large multi-year sites among your thousands of smaller sites brings you to your knees?

I have continued to build a large site that was based on the design that we paid a large up front fee for years of service. You have made a change that makes the site significantly less useful to me. While it has not been a problem so far due to our recent plans and activities, I used the capability a great deal in the past and it will be very important in the future. In fact, it is not really acceptable to say that I cannot download my database without scores of separate downloads, imports, etc.

Please clarify how you plan to address this reduction in my level of service as soon as possible.

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM - Response #8

Please look again and let me know what you find.

Monday, October 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM - Response #9

Your complaint is justified. It isn't the network traffic but the database query that seems to be the problem. I'll certainly pass your complaint along and hopefully reworking this feature will be given higher priority.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM - Response #10

Any progress on this?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM - Response #11

Not that I've heard.

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 1:44 PM - Response #12

Thanks for the update. Any chance you could ask around?

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 2:39 PM - Response #13

I have. Awaiting answer.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM - Response #14

Just went in to download my alumni site class list (all 9232, includes deceased and guests) only to be missing the check all button. What bug took that out? It was there 3/6/2013.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM - Response #15

That query is way too large and needs to be redone/streamlined for multi year sites. The "bug" was necessity. This is on our list to address.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM - Response #16

Thanks, Brad. I'm not thrilled about downloading the first ten years with one member per class.

Bet there are a few 'Gwen asked' on that list... probably number 999 & 1000. LOL Wink

Edited 04/01/13 11:47 PM
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 12:46 AM - Response #17

Gwen,

It might be too late, but try it now. The download the entire class went live again.the problem was resolved with the DB query and it has been streamlined.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:56 AM - Response #18

The Easter Bunny must have stopped and left many energy bars at Class Creator! This is a night filled with 'prizes! Thank you!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.