ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Design Suggestion

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/13 08:59 PM Views: 1123 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM

With everything on my plate right now, the last thing I needed was to view my hometown schools to see mine listed as "McHenry Go Warriors!" UGH! I was quite happy with Professional Design #8 but the class year was so small, I moved it under the school name. That is why the site is listed as it is without the class year.

Everyone is welcome to make a suggestion as to what you think would look good with the exception of an advanced design. I am moving and have zero time to work on that.

The site is: www.mchs1970.com

Thanks, everyone! Smile

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM - Response #1

[i]Well, Gwen, I don't know. You realize how much more you know thaan do I, but I'll take a shot at it. Sometimes a pair of fresh eyes make all the difference in the world, but I certainly don't want you to think that I think I know any more than you do. That being said -- a) are orange and black your school colors? If so, being that we're getting into autumn, how about making your colors irredescent on the homepage. No one would expect it. b) I see you mentioned 3 times in the same paragraph how the website was funded. How about mentioning that "since it was funded by 'blank', these are the exciting things contained inside". Something like that. Or, changing the home page frequently -- like not just the content but the order of what you say.
You said the class of 1970 was a small one. How about playing that up with things like..."Even though our graduating class was small, this is what we did at the ceremony, or at the prom, or how we rebelled, or how we accomplished x,y,and z.
How about changing the colors of the rhetoric in honor of Labor Day, and again on Sept. 11. I know you don't have much time-- BTW, where are you moving to? out of NC? -- But I've gotten Kool photos right from postings on CC and gone to sites people offer right on CC too. For that matter, you can go into my site and on the "edit announcements" page I must have 40 to 50 announcements set up for different occasions. I don't delete them in case I need the pics for the next year. You can go in under my e-mail and password. If you want to look, e-mail me and I'll send you my password (barbara_ecker@yahoo.com). At the moment, I can't think of anything else. You can call me if you like. That might be faster for you since your limited on free time (928.899.1366). Just remember I'm 3 hours earlier than you (MST). We don't go on daylight savings.
Hope I at least gave you some food for thought.
Barbara[i/]

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM - Response #2

A quick reply because I am dead tired and will not make much sense.. but try.

I would like a suggestion as to which site design I should switch to. The problem was that the class year was where GO WARRIORS is now. That is too small and needs to be with the school, in my opinion.

I have an idea I will try before shutting down to pack some more. And I'm in SC. Smile

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM - Response #3

I save it for now! Whew! All I needed to do was to change the info in the right corner to:

MCHS Class of '70 Official Site!

It works for me. Smile Thanks, Barbara.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.