ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

profile updates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/13/08 11:55 AM Views: 1462 Replies: 5
Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Is there a limit on the names the drop down can handle in profile updates ?

I noticed names at the bottom drop off if classmates join or update their profiles.. I would really like all classmates names who have generated a profile to show on that list..

Thank you

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

That box is only meant to show recent updates. There should be more than enough names showing to give an indication of the recent Profile updates. We're about to add some cool Class List sorting options that will really be what you're looking for though. Stay tuned, these new sorting options should be live in the next couple of weeks and will be lots of fun. You'll even be able to sort by senior photo, essentially making your Class List display as a virtual yearbook.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Brad, as usual, you and your staff are 2 steps ahead...

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 7:24 AM - Response #3

Brad,
On a connected point, if I go in to a Classmate Profile to amend something I've noticed, as I did yesterday when I had a bounced email and noticed the Classmate had an incorrect e-mail address on their details, will everyone who has asked for updates get notification of this? If they checked they might be surprised that they can't notice anything different with the Profile they've ben told has been updated.

I'm sure everyone trusts me but I'd rather they didn't know I could do this just in case the odd one becomes a bit paranoid about it.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM - Response #4

Just above your Save Profile button you have an option to decide whether or not your revision constitutes a Profile Update. If you don't choose to make it an official Profile Update, then no, nobody will get any notices, and the Classmate's name will not appear in the Profile Updates box on the home page.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 12:46 PM - Response #5

Thanks again,Brad. It never occurred to me - it's the pressure! It's not going to happen too often so I'll just have to remember to do that if it does.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.