ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Organization of Homepage

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/08/16 02:00 PM Views: 769 Replies: 4
Monday, August 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I notice that when announcements are posted they are all the way at the bottom of the home page. Is there a way for me as admin to eliminate the large amount of space between the top of the page and the announcements?

Monday, August 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM - Response #1

That's caused by having an element that is too wide for the page. Often it's an image or forced spacing that prevents some browsers from wrapping. The end result is the announcement ends up below the right side column with all that "white space".

If you change the announcement to show for anyone I can spot which one. Right now, it doesn't show if not logged in.

Monday, August 8, 2016 at 3:29 PM - Response #2

Hi Joyce,

Your 1971 announcement had some tags that looks like they had been copied and pasted either from another site or Word. There was a content width tag expanding it to 665 that I removed and the announcements are now flowing at the top.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, August 8, 2016 at 5:46 PM - Response #3

Thank you Jessica! What is the correct way to post?
Joyce

Monday, August 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM - Response #4

The rest of your posts are fine. I'm not sure where the extra code came from but it was likely just copied and pasted in along with something else in the post. If you want to make sure what you are copying and pasting does not include code from another site you can paste it into Notepad and then copy the content from Notepad over to the new post. Notepad won't retain the excess code so making a clean copy from that will get rid of it.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.