ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can't Edit Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/09 10:17 PM Views: 1342 Replies: 7
Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I was going to update our Home Page, and when I go to that page, all I see is HTML code. All the choices at the top of where I want to add new information is missing. ie. Font, Color, Background Color, etc.
What happened to it? In fact, I went to all the pages, and none have the editing choices...

Another question, while I'm at it: One of our members has by his name a blue cross (lying on its side). What does this represent and should it be "standing up?"

Kathy

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #1

1) You are trying to edit your page using the Safari or Google Chrome browser. Please use Internet Explorer or Firefox to edit your pages. Our next editor update will support Google Chrome and Safari.

2) That's the USN Military Flag.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM - Response #2

Brad,
Did this computer just automatically "switch?" I edited our Home Page Wednesday using this computer (A Mac)...my PC crashed...and we just returned home and no one has been on it since Wednesday. How did this happen?

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #3

I have no idea. Were you editing with Firefox for Mac before? The one thing I do know is you need to use Firefox for Mac. Safari won't display those icons, and wouldn't have before either.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:49 PM - Response #4

When I edited our Home Page last Wednesday, I was using a Mac with Safari.
We arrived home this evening, and I was going to edit another page using the same computer. I think it's possessed ! Maybe it just updated itself...
Hopefully, my PC will be in working order tomorrow.

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 2:11 AM - Response #5

If you saw the toolbar using Safari on Mac, I'm going to go with the computer is possessed thing...

Edited 03/23/09 2:12 AM
Monday, March 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM - Response #6

Brad,
Mystery Solved !
Sub title: I Don't Pay Much Attention...
Because I've never used a Mac in my life, and last week when my PC crashed and I was forced to do so, I stumbled my way through trying to update our Home Page. I found a "shortcut," clicked on it, found our web-site, and edited our page. (Evidently I was using Firefox.)
While we were gone, our housesitter used the computer and moved the shortcut. In its place was "Safari." When I clicked on that same place last night, I didn't notice that Firefox had been replaced by Safari...So, yes, I unknowingly used Firefox last week to edit.

BUT, I still think the computer is possessed.
Thanks for putting up with me. I told you I didn't know what I was doing when I started this project.
Kathy

Monday, March 23, 2009 at 10:21 AM - Response #7

The whole "not knowing what you're doing thing" won't last too long. We'll now consider you officially dangerous.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.