ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Donations link issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/22/15 11:42 PM Views: 973 Replies: 5
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 11:42 PM

I used Donation Manager through Admin Tools and upgraded my PayPal account to the free business account and went through everything I needed to do in order to start receiving donations on my site. A "Donations" link was created in the left-hand side of the navigation menu. Now...for reasons unknown to me, this link appears and disappears on its own...and, for the life of me, I have no idea why.

As always...any suggestions?

Edit: Also, what does the following statement mean in regards to payment options?

"If you are accepting payments by paper check, this address information will be shown to members at registration checkout."

"What does "registration checkout" mean?

Edited 06/22/15 11:52 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM - Response #1

Hi Steve,

When I go to your Donations Page I don't see any Donation options for classmates to select. Is this for the Douglas Byrd High School or do you have another site you are working on as well?

That wording was set up for the Event Planner and we recently added the Payment Preferences to Donations and Products as well. I'll have them update the wording.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM - Response #2

Jessica...exactly! That's why I'm not using the Donation Manager anymore. The link comes and goes as it pleases. So, I don't use it anymore. I can't even delete the page it creates in Edit Pages. Instead I have a Donation page with a Paypal Donate button...limiting access to it by just classmates only. I went through the whole thing of upgrading my regular Paypal account to the free business account, but really don't need the headaches associated with a business account. New checking account, etc., etc.

On another note...I've noticed the Event Planner recommends I create a Paypal business account. I watched the youtube video. I really don't want a business account, but it would seem Class Creator is gearing the modules and additions toward that. Just don't like it.

I'm not sure what's causing the issue with the new Donation Manager. I'd much rather not be the guinea pig. I'm using the most recent version of Chrome. When I tick boxes in my Edit Pages...I usually have to click the box twice before it accepts the tick. It's really strange.

Also...not sure if it matters, but just recently upgraded my account from free to platinum and have registered another domain name since I let the last one expire, because of no activity.

When it all boils down to it...I'd much rather use the "KISS" method when I want to get something done. The more difficult it is, the more I try to stay away from it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 5:53 PM - Response #3

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure yet what is happening either but I will see if anything appears in the logs or if the programmers have any further ideas. I'll check on the Edit Site Pages delete option as well.

We had many requests for PayPal API integration and that was launched first for the new modules. We are in the process of integrating Credit Card Processing similar to what you may have used with us before into those same modules. We should have an announcement out to all admins soon.

Jessica

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

I am also having problems with the donation function. End of 2014 I started the PayPal donation button.
I received acknowledgements from PayPal, but they don't show on the report.

Our reunion is this weekend. I was going to print off the donation records so I could copy and paste names into our slideshow that weekend to acknowledge names of all contributors.

Some donations are not showing. So far it appears to be a couple late in 2014, which were the first donations by myself and at least one other classmate.

Is there some way to allow you to select date ranges for the reports?

Edited 06/24/15 6:27 PM
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 10:03 PM - Response #5

You can get the information directly from PayPal if you get stuck on the CC side. They have reports you can select by date range showing all transactions.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.