ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Picture Sizes

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/17/08 08:38 AM Views: 1531 Replies: 8
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 8:38 AM

I would like to add "then and now" or "transformation" pictures to our site and would like them to morph from then to now when you move your curser over them. Hmmmm, any suggestions?

Edited 07/17/08 8:59 AM
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 1:29 PM - Response #1

I think you need to do this in .gif format--google for a gif creator program--hope this helps.

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM - Response #2

The solution Ben gives is an animated .gif. This doesn't react when you move your mouse over the photo. It would just animate the transformation.

To do this with a mouse event, it takes some javascript.

Here's an example I think of what you want to happen:

http://www.classcreator.com/Martinsville-IN-1988/class_custom1.cfm

The solution may be more technical than you're looking for though...

Is that what you're looking for?

Dave

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 2:12 AM - Response #3

Yes, it is! However, now that I see it I wonder if folks would like to see the transformation pictures side by side, similar to what you have on your "Then and Now" page. Hmmmm, have you had any comments? How difficult was the roll over? How awesome for you to do this test page!! Thx Dave!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 9:45 PM - Response #4

I've had a lot of comments on liking the now and then montage that I made...

The rollover effect is pretty neat but the side by side I think I like better because you can compare them...

The rollover isn't that hard to do but is a little tedious....

Dave

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM - Response #5

Dave,
After all this time, I'm finally ready to put together the "Then and Now" page for our site! I decided to put the pics side by side and to be totally honest, I can't keep the pictures the same size and have no idea why not!! Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Trish

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:05 AM - Response #6

Trish. It might help if you re-sized all your pictures to a set size before uploading. I put mine in a 3-column table (childhood picture - senior picture - current picture) but re-sized all my pics to 150px wide before uploading. Worked perfectly.

Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 12:29 AM - Response #7

Edited 02/01/09 3:24 AM
Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 6:48 AM - Response #8

Trish. Try the free program www.irfanview.com for resizing your photos. Because I have 3 columns, I resized to 150px but for 2 columns, you could probably go to 200.

The Table option is part of the Editor on the page you are trying to edit. Just click on the little table icon and select 2 columns. See this thread. http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=26412A30-B795-40CE-8690158C0A58C636

Good luck

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.