ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

CC email doesn't use full name on email

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/09 07:26 PM Views: 1563 Replies: 3
Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Are y'all sick and tired of hearing from me, yet?

The other day I revised all my classmate names to include our full names. I just received an email from a registered classmate and when it arrived in my inbox at home the message appeared to be from "Marcus Dale." His full name in the profile is "Marcus Dale 'Marc' Beaver."

Is this my bad? Do I need to go remove all those middle names and nick names?

Cheryl

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 8:28 PM - Response #1

No we're not sick of you yet, but don't press your luck. Wink

No you don't need to remove those names. It's possible the " marks in the nicknames threw off the email name. I'll have a programmer check that out, thanks for raising the issue.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:35 PM - Response #2

It could be because when you use the Contact Us form, the classmate gets to set their name to whatever they want. He could have changed his name in that form.

Edited 03/22/09 10:35 PM
Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM - Response #3

Beth: Your reply prompted me to check to see how my name appears if I click Contact Us. Sure 'nuf, my name came up only Paula. My name listed in my profile is Paula "Cheryl" Wright Kemptner.

I took the " off Cheryl and put 'Cheryl' in and when I click Contact Us now my full name appears with the ' around Cheryl.

So, Brad, it is the quotes ("") that cause the problem. You guys are so quick, I know you have already figured this out! Please advise what's a girl to do. For now, I'll replace " with '.

Cheryl

Edited 03/22/09 11:01 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.