ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Website Use Survey

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/30/18 12:57 PM Views: 766 Replies: 11
Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 12:57 PM

Just curious if any other sites create a 'website use' survey and publish it periodically?
[Remember, as time goes on, so do our preferences]
While we are not obsessive about 'creating traffic' on our site, we do want to 'serve our members' with what will work for the majority of them, not the admins.
Survey Questions We Are Considering Are:

1-How often do you visit the web site?
[daily-weekly-monthly-yearly-Only when I receive notice from the site-never]
2-What pages interest you the most?
[HINT -Simply look across - the top of the page, or on the left hand side and pick one. ]
3-What do you dislike about the site?
4-What do you like about the site?
5-Are there any other features you would like to see on the site or comments you would like to make about it?
6-While we post classmate death announcements when we get the information from a newspaper obituary link or funeral home link, there have been some comments about not posting any others.
Which of the following should we post?
[Classmate Spouse – Classmate Parent – Classmate Child – Classmate Sibling - One of our teachers/administrators – All of the above - None of the above, e.g. Classmate Only]
7-We still have requests from some members to give out a list of all members along with their physical address, mailing address, etc.
This has NOT been done for a variety of reasons.
{You can always request a member’s information by sending them a private message.}

Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 1:23 PM - Response #1

Hi Steve, We did a survey about six months ago with many of the same questions you are considering. The ONE question we did not ask was if they would respond to the survey. Even many of the daily site visitors did not complete the survey. We also get quite a few requests to publish phone numbers and email addresses on the site. We don't do that currently but that policy may change shortly. We have found that classmates respond most frequently to four things: (1)Birthdays (2)Obituaries (3)New Pictures (4) Anything FREE

Monday, July 2, 2018 at 1:44 PM - Response #3

I like those questions....going to 'steal' them.
We haven't done a survey in a long time. Usually....when we email the class on any subject...we get a lot of traffic.
Most respond to the survey.

Monday, July 2, 2018 at 3:03 PM - Response #5

Thanks for a great idea/survey. I have been considering letting our site go dormant, but this survey is a much better idea. I definitely need the input from classmates. While we have little daily activity, I do still get "thank you for what you do" comments.
You got me thinking in a different direction. Thanks again.

Monday, July 2, 2018 at 7:40 PM - Response #7

Phil,
You might check with Brad at CC, but I BELIEVE the reason CC decided to stop publishing personal information of members was two-fold. {If I am remembering wrong, I sincerely apologize.}
Some admin's reported [during TAP Chats] stalking/harassing emails of members because their email address was published on members profiles page as well as the possibility of identity theft.
Those are the main reasons our site does not have such a list, though I have been asked, and will poll the class if individuals want to have particular information on such a page, something I am vehemently against!

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 12:00 AM - Response #9

I do not believe CC made the decision based on anything in TAP chats. I believe it was what was beginning, or had been happening, on other sites in regards to identity theft. I spent the last thirty minutes trying to find Brad's post here in these Forums with no luck or would share the link.

Maybe Scott will see this and give us a refresher.

STEVE STEIN wrote:

Phil,
You might check with Brad at CC, but I BELIEVE the reason CC decided to stop publishing personal information of members was two-fold. {If I am remembering wrong, I sincerely apologize.}
Some admin's reported [during TAP Chats] stalking/harassing emails of members because their email address was published on members profiles page as well as the possibility of identity theft.
Those are the main reasons our site does not have such a list, though I have been asked, and will poll the class if individuals want to have particular information on such a page, something I am vehemently against!

Edited 07/03/18 12:01 AM
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 8:19 AM - Response #11

Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.