ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

File Vault

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/26/15 02:10 PM Views: 2264 Replies: 18
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 2:10 PM

What is a file vault and what is it's significance?

Thanks!!
Debbie

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 2:49 PM - Response #1

If you open your file vault, you'll see all of the pictures you have put on your website.. I clean my vault out every so often, to make sure I don't run out of space. It is what the name says, it stores all of your files.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 3:54 PM - Response #2

Where do I find the file vault?

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM - Response #3

Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for any page > in the tool bar on the editor window, you can go to the Insert Images button to access the images file vault /// or /// If you go to the Insert Link button, you can access the other documents file vault.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 4:43 PM - Response #4

Go to Edit Site Pages, then you can go to Home Page, then Home Page Content. You'll see SOURCE, then a square with a picture in it, click on that. Under UPLOAD a NEW FILE, you'll see a square that says FILE VAULT, click on that..

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:26 PM - Response #5

Scott
If you delete a file from the file vault, and still have a link on a page, you still get the original file to show on the page.
Question: Is the file storage space really released?

1) I uploaded a .pdf file to the root of the vault
2) link was added to a page.
3) I created a new folder in the vault
4) I uploaded the .pdf file from my computer into the new folder and added link into same page.
5) I deleted the original .pdf file from the root of the vault.

Now, both links show the .pdf files. The new link includes the new folder in its path, the original path is to the root of the vault.

I thought the original link would have been broken since it was deleted from the file vault.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM - Response #6

Try pressing the RELOAD/REFRESH button of the browser. you are probably loading the page from cache. The reloaded page display the link, but clicking the link will not load the PDF file.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM - Response #7

Yup!

I hadn't thought of that. Cache it is.
Thanks for such a rapid reply.

I wish I could move about 100 of our .pdf files from one site to another by bulk downloading the file vault.
Or, at least be able to bulk upload from my computer into the vault.

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:10 PM - Response #8

There are programs for PC's like FTP which allow you to view and manipulate a folder on a server just like any folder on your PC. That capability has been on the mythical 'Wish List' for years, and comes up regularly.

But the file vault is tightly integrated with the editor, and while there have been hints that a newer version of the editor could give us some of what we've asked for, so far there doesn't seem to be a way to include our our request with the editor's functionality.

We're all still hoping that 'One of these days....'

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM - Response #9

Considering the number if times this has come up, it would be nice to move easier file manipulation UP in priority.

It is also something else I'm thinking/working on. I think it was Scott that posted something a long time ago for making at least bulk deletions eas(ier). Need to dig through my files to find it again. I had a prototype that sort of worked, but I got side-tracked somewhere Twisted Evil It's hard to test since I have to keep uploading (1 at a time of course) and testing bulk deletions. Not fun.

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM - Response #10

Sometimes that works, but CTRL+F5 works a bit better. Try it out next time Idea

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Try pressing the RELOAD/REFRESH button of the browser.

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM - Response #11

I often make the mistake of uploading into the vault only to find it at the root level, or in the wrong folder. We can't drag a file into another folder. We have to delete file, than carefully load it into its correct folder. Too much work. Especially, when we want to upload a hundred memory pages or copies of the weekly newspapers.

And,now that my twin brother and I are supporting three multi-year schools sites, I just do not have the time to support this level of detail. And, it will take about a year to train individual Admins to be the Adult Supervisor of their own classes.
It's great being retired....

Friday, November 6, 2015 at 9:44 PM - Response #12

Ah, I'm guessing the issue here is price. There are some "free" file replacements for the CKEditor extension, however, CKEditor has a new version that addresses most (all?) of the old deficiencies.

See LINK It at least does multiple file uploads for sure. LINK

Let's spend a few buck in our direction Idea

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 1:58 AM - Response #13

I am very close to reaching my website's max of 300MG, but deleting one file at a time is painfully slow. At this rate, it will take me days to get enough deleted to get me back to a comfortable level. I've been on Class Creator for three and a half years, and I keep hoping they will come up with a way to do a mass delete, but apparently this still hasn't been made available. Does anyone have a way of doing a mass delete???
('Rolling Eyes')

Edited 11/10/15 2:03 AM
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 7:57 AM - Response #14

Your largest files are not images, but MP3 files. MP3 files can be found on the LINK file vault (Content Editor, LINK icon- 2nd row, 3rd from right side)

Bennie_and_the_Jets_-_Elton_John.mp3    03/04/15    5,292 KB   
    Come_and_Get_Your_Love_-_Redbone.mp3    03/04/15    4,922 KB   
    Dancing_Machine_-_The_Jackson_5.mp3    03/04/15    4,658 KB
    Dont_Worry_Be_Happy.mp3    03/11/15    5,706 KB   
    I_Can_Help_-_Billy_Swan.mp3    03/04/15    4,683 KB   
    Nothing_From_Nothing_-_Billy_Preston.mp3    03/04/15    7,397 KB   
    Rock_On_-_David_Essex.mp3    03/04/15    4,868 KB   
    Sweet_Home_Alabama_-_Lynyrd_Skynyrd.mp3    03/04/15    7,046 KB   
    The_Joker_-_Steve_Miller_Band.mp3    03/04/15    6,260 KB   
    The_Loco-Motion_-_Grand_Funk.mp3    03/04/15    2,675 KB   
If you aren't using one of these files in a music player widget, you could safely delete it to quickly bring your File Vault size back to a comfortable level.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM - Response #15

Kyle,

Once again you have come to the rescue! My file vault is now down to a much more manageable 224MG. Thank you so much for your super quick response.

Tee Very Happy

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 1:19 PM - Response #16

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Ah, I'm guessing the issue here is price. There are some "free" file replacements for the CKEditor extension, however, CKEditor has a new version that addresses most (all?) of the old deficiencies.

See LINK It at least does multiple file uploads for sure. LINK

Let's spend a few buck in our direction Idea

Jack, I'm assuming that this product (probably the Enterprise version) is something that CC would need to purchase to implement, and that it is NOT something the individual class websites could add, is this correct?

I'd sure be glad to "purchase" this as an additional option at their $99 "Basic" price.

Scott, Kyle, Brad, is there a possibly you all might consider upgrading to this editor?

Edited 11/12/15 9:01 PM
Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 12:42 PM - Response #17

Correct, we can't buy it ourselves since it's integrated with the Editor config options. Would be a lot of work to track/modify individual sites. But it's not that expensive either for CC Idea

Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 9:10 AM - Response #18

The File Vault has been updated. The new version includes a way to show thumbnails of all of the images. It also includes ways to create folders and manage the files easier. The new File Vault is now the default for everyone. Anyone who desires to keep the old File Vault can make that choice in the PREFERENCES page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.