ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

New one for me

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/01/18 09:01 PM Views: 530 Replies: 3
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Our Association are doing a "Veterans Wall" at the High School. Our policy is any Honorable discharged Veteran. We check the ID or DD214 to make sure of this. After this if they do not have a profile I have been putting where they served. I see this then looks like they have a profile. No email of course. Is this correct procedure? Can I then collect the names of anyone who is was the Military?

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 10:33 PM - Response #1

The green check mark next to someone's name on the Classmate Profiles list means "Contains profile information." It does not necessarily mean someone has joined the site.

Normally, the classmate joins and enters profile information which generates a green check mark, but for classmates who have not joined, you as an admin generate a green check mark when you enter anything in the Profile section under Spouse/Partner, Occupation, Children, Comments, School Story, or branch of Military Service.

What I do for classmates who have not joined is enter a disclaimer statement in the profile's Comments section, such as, "Bruce does not own a computer, so we have created this profile for him."

In your case, you may wish to mention in the Comments section that the classmate has not yet joined the site, but that he/she served in the military (with details).

Edited 05/01/18 10:44 PM
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM - Response #2

As long as you put an entry in the Military Service field of the profile you can. Just make sure that field is checked when you download the class list.

Ray Guim wrote:

Can I then collect the names of anyone who is was the Military?

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:34 PM - Response #3

thanks for the support. I think I will put a disclaimer.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.