ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statistic Page Counter

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/24/08 12:11 PM Views: 1604 Replies: 7
Friday, October 24, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Is there any way to use the visitor counter that's on the statistic page, on the home page? I think it will be more accurate. I'd love for visitors to be able to see how busy our site is becoming.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:34 AM - Response #1

After the launch of some major new fetuers under development, that item is coming, yes. Stay tuned.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM - Response #2

Wayne City already did it, I wish I could figure out how!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 5:00 PM - Response #3

Hank Degenring wrote:

Wayne City already did it, I wish I could figure out how!

It isn't that hard. Just view your statistics page. Then in your browser, right-click and choose "View Source". In the editor that shows up, search for "Percentage Of Active Class". In the HTML, copy the section of code that you want to display - copied from the
to the ending
codes and deleted the information I didn't want to display. I didn't want to display the Home Page Visitor Count because that number would be changing too frequently.

You should note that the graphics and text are STATIC, meaning that they will not be updated when someone adds a new profile or adds photos to their profile. In order to update the numbers, you would need to repeat the above process and replace the section on your home page (or just change the associated numbers in the HTML code).

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 5:19 PM - Response #4

Right after I posted that I figured what he did, and did the same thing... It is as you said static, I thought when I first saw his that it was the actual stat page, but afterwards I figured it out... much sadness Sad

Thanks for your reply!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM - Response #5

Unfortunately, yes, the statistics are static. But I've had them on our home page 2 days & I've had 5 people upload pictures because of it. So it's creating some action.

There's an easier way to do this than using HTML code. Just highlight the statistics you want to put on your home page. Right click & copy it. Then go to edit your home page & paste it in. No fancy HTML code needed.

I check the website at least once a day. If I see new pictures uploaded, I quickly update the statistics. Yeah, it's a little work. But the results I've seen in just two days are worth it while I'm trying to build interest.

Edited 10/28/08 8:44 PM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 4:56 AM - Response #6

Look at the website www.feedjit.com
It is a pretty cool tool that shows the isp of the person right on your site.

Monday, November 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM - Response #7

See this FAQ: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html#faqs2-21

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.