ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Keeping in Touch After the Reunion

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/28/13 12:18 PM Views: 1348 Replies: 9
Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
reunion photo2.jpg

Well. Here's today's dilima. I put an idea out on the homepage about keeping the site open on a month to month basis, if there's enough interest. I added a survey at the end asking 3 questions and the 4th was asking for comments. One girl said we needed a way to let each other know what's going on in our lives on a weekly basis, if not daily, like have on FaceBook. Immediately, I thought of the message forum, the chat room, and the post announcement spots. But what she wanted was different. However, it was a good idea and I thought about this question -- Is there a way to open up the "notify me" section so that just one of those set areas of notification could be blank with an administrator being permitted to fill it in. This would be so that the girls on a one to one basis could post what's happening in their lives individually. They're thinking of setting up another reunion but aren't sure. Secondly, believe it or not, I've had 2 more girls join since the reunion was over. Also, I've had more requests for the photo discs from the reunion and the personalized wall calendars I made up for a give away.
Is this at all possible? Or must they go through the chat room, etc.?
Barbara
P.S. I think I sparked some sort of interest in them finally. 21 out of 30 members visited the site within the last 3 weeks. The link above shows up at the last day's breakfast.

Edited 04/28/13 12:21 PM
Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 10:46 PM - Response #1

Great picture, Barbara.

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM - Response #2

HI Barbara,
Congratulations once again on reuniting your classmates and friends. Even though my "two cents" is unsolicited, I'd encourage you to keep your site open! It's a small price to pay for what you get, and there are those who will not let you know outright, but appreciate your efforts to keep others in touch. Facebook is a tool, but many will never use it and your efforts will pay off! Our "traffic" is slow, but the few that "find" us after all this time make it worth it! You, and the site may be the only link to others in your class!
Perhaps you can ask for donations to defray the cost. I think that others will help, if asked. Still pondering this concept, but have come to realize that after time has passed, and friends have passed, the past is a precious gift, but it may be just one friend who makes all the difference in someone's life. We may never now the true value of it all, but ClassCreator has given us an invaluable tool to make a difference, however so seemingly insignificant.
Your memories of Frank Sinatra and all the good times bring a smile, and I'm sure that you have stories to share for many more reunions!
Follow your heart on this one! Cool

Edited 04/29/13 11:45 AM
Monday, April 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM - Response #3

I liked Kris's comments about doing things. My 50th is coming this summer and I added a "Donation" ticket mainly to help defray website costs with any left over going to our School Alumni Association as a gift. I have been pleasantly surprised with the response. About 25% of those classmates that have purchased tickets for the reunion have also given donations. We currently have enough money through donations to continue 6 more years of the website. This does not include those yet to purchase tickets and/or donations.

The website is a great way to keep in touch. I have been emailed about several friends getting in contact with each other after 50 years ... some great stories!

It has all been through Class Creator and their work for us!

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM - Response #4

Hi Barbara,
Congratulations! You got 21 out of 30 members to log in!!!
Thanks for sharing such great news!

On "slow days" ( 1 or 2 visits) and that includes me, I'm thinking the interest has dwindled this is it, we are done.
Then we tried other ways of communicating on multi-thread on the Message Center and shocked at how well our Statistics read- much improved. We never saw this kind of a response from a class email or the User Forum. Now that we use the Message Center for everything, how I wish we had a save draft button, or be able to send attachments...

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM - Response #5

Thelma Alcordo wrote:

Hi Barbara,
Congratulations! You got 21 out of 30 members to log in!!!
Thanks for sharing such great news!

On "slow days" ( 1 or 2 visits) and that includes me, I'm thinking the interest has dwindled this is it, we are done.
Then we tried other ways of communicating on multi-thread on the Message Center and shocked at how well our Statistics read- much improved. We never saw this kind of a response from a class email or the User Forum. Now that we use the Message Center for everything, how I wish we had a save draft button, or be able to send attachments...

Oh, I like this, Thelma!
Note to Class Creator... wish list item, please! Wink

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM - Response #6

Thanks for your wish support Gwen. More wishes, more power!!!

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM - Response #7

Thumbs up, Thelma! Smile

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM - Response #8

Barbara, while keeping you site might not be cheap*, it is inexpensive [and there IS a difference].

Look at renewing for more than one year, and the yearly costs go down.
As of today, we have 6366 days remaining on our site!
We have 263 'Active' classmates, and have taken donations at reunions to help fund the site.

* - OUR definition of 'cheap' relates to quality, and we feel CC has the highest quality, best tech support, and is the best around!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM - Response #9

Steve wrote: "OUR definition of 'cheap' relates to quality, and we feel CC has the highest quality, best tech support, and is the best around!"

I agree!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.