ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Play Alma Mater When Home Page Loads

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/14/10 02:06 PM Views: 1585 Replies: 3
Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Currently I am using Playlist as a jukebox to play OUR songs from the fifties. I tried to disable the autoload feature at Playlist, lay down the new code but it seems like it is still autoplaying. My reason for this is that I want our High School Alma Mater to play on loading and after it plays (54 seconds) the classmate can then start Playlist.

Is there a way to have our school alma mater load automatically when the home page loads?

PLease advise.

Bo

Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 5:09 PM - Response #1

Hit refresh on your browser while viewing your home page, if you turned off the auto play feature that should work. You may just be loading a previously cached version of the page.

You can stream your Alma Mater yes. The answer for how to do that depends on what format your audio is currently in. Let me know what it is (mp3, wav, aif, etc).

Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 5:39 PM - Response #2

Brad:

Tried refreshing in Firefox and IE; nada. But, when I popped out the player in IE, it did not autostart. Weird!

Our Alma Mater song is in mp3 format.

Livin' the dream,

Bo Hill

Thursday, January 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM - Response #3

Ok, that's a prety easy one. Just Google "embed mp3" and you'll find all kinds of guides to help you embed an object like this on your page. Some solutions, like this one allow you to put the mp3 into a little player format. Others, like this one, allow you to stream the mp3 seamlessly on the page with no visual player present.

The first thing you want to do is upload your mp3 to your File Vault (use the chain link icon on your editor and then click the File Vault button). Once you've done that go ahead and insert a link to the mp3 on your page. It's just a temporary link, I want you to see the resulting full path to the file. I.e. when you click on the link and the mp3 launches, look at the patch to the file in your web browser. That full path is the EXACT path to the mp3 that you want to utilize in either of the 2 solutions above.

After you've upladed your mp3 to your File Vault let me know if you have any questions on getting it streaming.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.