ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Music to website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/31/09 02:18 PM Views: 1828 Replies: 19
Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Very new at this and I want to add music of our era on class website when you go to site. can anyone help. Judy

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 3:41 PM - Response #1

Hi Judy! I'd be glad to help you. I would suggest making a list of songs you have in mind for starters. Then go to playlist.com, set up an account and search for the songs you want. You can find other playlists that contain those songs which may help to add to your list. Put them in the order that you want then select "publish". It will then give you the option of getting the code for your playlist. You can use the "myspace" code, right click on the code. You will get choices such as copy or select all. Choose select all then copy it. Go back to your site. I would think you are putting it on your home page. Go to edit home page, decide where you want to put it. I put mine at the bottom of the page. Click the source button and you will get the source code for whatever you might already have on that page, go to the end of the source code, hit enter allowing it to go down one line, right click, select paste then click source code again and you should see your player. Remember to save changes then preview your page with the player.
One thing I forgot to mention, on paylist.com, you will be given the choice to have the music start automatically or manually. You will also choose what color you want for the player.
Good luck and please feel free to contact me again if you have questions or problems. Tam

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM - Response #2

Hi there, I really like the idea about adding the music. Unfortunately, I am still having a problem. I have did as you instructed and see the oblong box come up with the three blue buttons on the bottom. Create playlist, ringtone and one other. It shows on the page that I am working on but then when I press save and go to look at it, it is not there.
What am I doing wrong?
thanks for your help, Bonnie
votech69.com

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:04 PM - Response #3

Hi Bonnie! Are you copying the entire code for the player? I believe if you right click and choose "select all", the code box will highlight then you click copy. Maybe you can elaborate more on what the problem is. Looking forward to hearing from you. Tam

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM - Response #4

Hi Tam, wow you are fast. lol
yes the entire copy was highlighted in blue. I selected all and then went to my home page to add it. It still did not take. not sure what I am doing wrong.
Bonnie

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM - Response #5

Okay! Once it is highlighted in blue, right click and select copy then go to edit page on your site, choose the page you want, I'm guessing the home page. I looked at your site and there isn't much on the home page. I understand you are just starting out. So, go to edit the home page, select(left click) the source button, right click, choose paste, left click the source button again and you should see the player in the box, save changes and all should be well. Please let me know if you are still in need of help. We will figure this out! Good luck! Tam

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:18 PM - Response #6

I got it! Now I made a mistake and put it on the wrong page. hahaha, it is getting late.
anyways, thanks for your help Bonnie

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:26 PM - Response #7

Terrific! I will check it out! We are all here to help out, so don't hesitate to ask. Good luck! Tam

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM - Response #8

one more question, I got it on the page, however, it does not continue to play when you look at the other pages. I would like to have it play continually. Can we do that?
Bonnie

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Response #9

Most people use the "Pop Out Player" option when embedding Playlists. This way Classmates can pop out the player and listen to your music the entire time while browsing your site.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM - Response #10

Hi Bonnie! I just checked out your site. Wow! You have been hard at work! I like the music on the reunion page. That works well. Good luck with your site and remember not to be afraid to ask for help. Tam

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM - Response #11

Hi Tam, thanks for the compliment. I know I have lots left to do thoughSmile
little by little with the time that I have available.
I know I will be calling on all of you pros again!
Bonnie

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM - Response #12

guess I'm having a tad bit of a problem.........trying to follow your instructions and all I get pasted on the home page is incryptions for the music player........?? Ok what am I dont wrong........I cut and paste this entire thing.......several lines long.......? I'm lost.........lol

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM - Response #13

Make sure you press the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor before pasting your Playlist source code.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM - Response #14

bingo..............how sweet it is........Smile))

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 6:39 PM - Response #15

one more ?.........when I hit the "pop out player" I have both playing but not together........Sad

Monday, February 23, 2009 at 6:53 PM - Response #16

Pause the one that didn't pop out. Smile

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM - Response #17

Is there anyway to find playlists already created, say greatest hits of the 60's, that I could copy?

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #18

I don't see any pre-defined playlists for specific decades at playlist.com If you like what someone else has done on their site you could always ask them for their embed code so you could add that same list to yours.

Making your own playlist is pretty straight forward if you don't find one that you like.

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 4:46 PM - Response #19

And it's a good way to get your classmates involved. Ask them what songs they would like. You will be surprised at how many replies you get back. I did this on the forum and it went for a couple weeks of them posting song titles they would like. We have two players the first one filled up to fast. That was 200 songs. I think we have 100 on the second one. And then we did a Christmas one doing the same thing.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.