ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

pictures

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/08 05:29 PM Views: 1501 Replies: 13
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 5:29 PM

I am having trouble with pictures. I managed to get one uploaded through Photobucket, but cannot figure out how to put in on my homepage. I then attempted the way I read on this forum and it didn't work for me either...How do I upload and place a picture on my homepage? Thanks

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 5:50 PM - Response #1

Hi Bonita,

Don't use the link from photobucket.

When you are in edit home page place your cursor where you want the picture and hit the "image button" icon. It is on the upper left next to "source" then hit browse and find the picture on your computer then hit "send to server" it will come up with your picture has been successfully loaded to the sever hit "ok" now under the image info tab you can change the size of the picture as well as the position of the picture.

Hope that helps!

Tracy

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM - Response #2

Tracy,
I've been having problems with trying to post a pic and after reading your post, you solved my problem. I was trying to post a picture to my home page through the "post announcement" tab and I was having problems. Thanks for the info!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM - Response #3

no problem and just to let you know you can place pictures in your announcements as well. I did this with a classmate who recently got married.

By the way how do you have your name coming up as your screen name instead of your real name?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 10:36 PM - Response #4

post deleted

Edited 07/16/08 10:37 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 10:26 AM - Response #5

Thanks, Tracy, That really helps!

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 4:19 PM - Response #6

OK Smart one (lol)I am so confused about photo bucket!! I think I have tried 3 time to create a slideshow and save it. When I go back in to find it I cannot. I have no idea where to look! I also cannot figure out which "CODE" to copy then paste on my homepage. Do I have to save this slideshow to My Space (which I have never used)type thing first? I am about to give up on the whole idea! I figured I would give it one more try with the help of a friend who knows what their doing? Can you bail me out?

JIM

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 7:29 PM - Response #7

Smart One say... go to www.OneTrueMedia.com if you want to make a slideshow for your website. You can make a slideshow for free and then post the code right to your site. It can't get any simpler than that.

Smart One also say... Don't take any wooden nickels!

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM - Response #8

Most thank you Smart One!!!! Believe it or not but Dumb One figured out how to do it..Waiting for you I got old(er)!!! The problem now is that it does not fit my website homepage!!! Check it out! If it's not one thing is something else!!! blah blah blah!

Any suggestions....anyone???

JIM

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM - Response #9

Most thank you Smart One!!!! Believe it or not but Dumb One figured out how to do it..Waiting for you I got old(er)!!! The problem now is that it does not fit my website homepage!!! Check it out! If it's not one thing is something else!!! blah blah blah!

Any suggestions....anyone???

JIM

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 8:32 PM - Response #10

Any suggestions....anyone??? Brad, can you take a look at it!

JIM

Now how did this happen?????

Edited 08/31/08 8:34 PM
Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 8:38 PM - Response #11

You have about 290 pixels of width max on your home page for third party plugins. You need to go into edit mode, click source, and change every single width to 290. You can also adjust the height proportionally so you don't skew the image. Or move these elements to another page where you have far more room to work with. I took just a glance but I see at least 3 embedded elmenets that are far too large for your home page. You either have to make them much smaller so they fit, or move them to a sub page where there's plenty of space for these types of presentations.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 8:39 PM - Response #12

Do you mean to have it playing on there twice? Both in the announcement and also above in the home page?

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 11:12 PM - Response #13

Edit on my home page or on photobucket?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.