ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing The Welcome Message

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/12/08 07:15 PM Views: 1343 Replies: 3
Friday, December 12, 2008 at 7:15 PM

How do I edit the Welcome message that is posted at the top of the page? I created it w/ a few beers in me and the grammer is poor (high school for ya) but I cannot find a way to edit this message. Any suggestions?

Rich

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 7:57 PM - Response #1

I just viewed your home page, and I can't tell if your message is the pre- or post-edited version, but seeing no egregious errors in spelling, grammar, or syntax, I'm guessing you have already found a means of editing it. I just wanted to make a suggestion that you remove the comments about spam and possibilites of serious invasion by hackers, viruses, etc. I think it will make your readers/viewers feel an unwarranted apprehension. Our Class Creator school site has been active for the better part of a year, and we have had absolutely no incidents of that nature. Better not to mention the possibility at all, I think, since such a thing seems more unlikely than likely.
One final note, since it appears your reunion is still a way off: be prepared to be amazed at the participation your website will generate. Methinks Brad has a tiger by the tail. Best of luck, Barbara

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 9:07 PM - Response #2

I got a chuckle out of the disclaimer because it's actually pretty funny. Smile But, rest assured, no crashing and burning here. We've got far better things to do than tell people we're in contact with a Nigerian Prince who inherited 100 million dollars and that he needs YOU to release the money. Instead of doing that, we tend to spend our time on things like.....programming. And graphic design. And tech support. You know, all that kinda nerdy stuff. Guess we're just purdy darned boring 'round these parts.

Edited 12/12/08 9:08 PM
Friday, December 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM - Response #3

Yes, the disclaimer was probably a bit overboard but I had read on other forums about the possiblity and wanted to be sure that it wasn't my doing. I know you folks have better things to do than solicit funds from King Yungandamana. I'll remove it per your suggestion or at least tone it down.

Thanks for the quick response. And yes, I finally found a way to edit the message. It was buried but I found it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.