ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Keeping site "secret" until ready

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/16/08 03:21 PM Views: 1396 Replies: 7
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM

How can I allow the members of our reunion committee be the only ones access to the site? We'd like to creeate it and possibly have multiple people use the administrator access so we can work on different parts of the pages until we want to make the site public to our classmates?
Thanks,
Erin

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

You can password protect the classmates profile page as well as all the pages on the site. If they do not have access to their name then they cannot make a profile therefore they cannot access the pages.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM - Response #2

So, there are 6 of us on the committee. I'd like to make it so just those six people can access the sites. Can they make changes to pages using the site administrators log-in and password or will they only be able to view stuff using their own log in and I will need to give them a password to access the class profile section?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM - Response #3

Go to manage classmates then enter/edit classmates. Click on details next to the name of the person you want to have the ability to access to the pages and be able to edit them. Down at the bottom there is a box "Grant Admin Access" check this box and hit save.

This will allow those people the same access as you have. They will need to log in with their email address and password. At any time you can go back and remove their admin access. Just make sure that you only give this privilege to those people that you can trust because this gives them access to all pages of the site as well as all personal contact information of the classmates.

Good luck!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 4:13 PM - Response #4

By password protecting all pages of the site only those that have profiles will be able to access the site by logging in.

If you don't want all 6 of those members to have editing privileges to the site you can allow them to log in to the site which will allow them to see the pages and give input without actually being able to make changes.

This will allow you to pick and choose who out of those 6 members you want to have editing abilities and who you just want "creative input from".

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 5:09 PM - Response #5

Thank you! I think that makes sense. I'll give it a try. Good thing we have until NEXT summer for our 20 year reunion. I appreciate your prompt replies!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM - Response #6

Yes good thing you have until next summer and 6 people working on it. I have until October for our 20th and only 1 person working on it (me) for a class of over 550 with just getting started the beginning of March this year!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 2:59 AM - Response #7

Bless your heart. You need to find some helpers. That's a tough task alone, especially if you want to get a large % to attend. Surely there are a few who will take pity and help.
Lara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.