ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/08 02:44 PM Views: 1510 Replies: 14
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM

How do I regulate where my announcements get put on the home page and how do I set a date for delection

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 2:55 PM - Response #1

There used to be an option for auto deletion with the date and it disappeared? Perhaps Brad will tell us

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 1:14 AM - Response #2

All of my announcements are not showing up on my page. Is there a certain number of announcements that can be posted at a time? Is there a way to put them in order of importance without going in and actually numbering them?

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 7:42 AM - Response #3

Have you made sure you have checked the 'active box' on all of them in order for them to be displayed

Friday, July 18, 2008 at 6:11 PM - Response #4

What happened to me is that I had only 1 announcement on my homepage and then a classmate decided they wanted to post an announcement and I approved it. I had not put a "sort number" on my announcement as I only had one and when I allowed the post of the new announcement it deleted my announcement all together.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM - Response #5

Betty Houchins wrote:

How do I regulate where my announcements get put on the home page and how do I set a date for delection

Right now Announcement always come after your home page content, but we're going to put in a toggle so you can put it before, or after your home page content.

The Announcement expiration date got zapped when we upgraded our back end software last month. The new software requires a totally different method of programming for expiration dates, thus that request is back on the list. Announcmenet expiration dates will be back shortly.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 12:41 AM - Response #6

Tracy Estrada wrote:

What happened to me is that I had only 1 announcement on my homepage and then a classmate decided they wanted to post an announcement and I approved it. I had not put a "sort number" on my announcement as I only had one and when I allowed the post of the new announcement it deleted my announcement all together.

Well, I can't think of a nicer person for that to happen to. Smile
I put it on Mike's list to investigate this. By the way, we have a serious Task Tracking system over here. Every time I say "it's on the list" it really is. Doesn't mean we'll get to it right away, but it does mean we will in fact get to it. Everything on the list eventually gets done.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 1:12 AM - Response #7

Betty Houchins wrote:

FYI, the announcement expiration date is back.

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:23 PM - Response #8

How do I remove an existing announcement.
Thank you
David Azose

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:33 PM - Response #9

1) Click on Post Announcement
2) Click the DELETE link next to the announcement you wish to delete

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM - Response #10

Thank you after I sent my question I figured it out, We just concluded a very successful reunion. We want to post pictures of the evening. What is the best way to do this. Is a link to a site like snapfish the best way if we want to post many photos and have others add their photos.

Thank you again.

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 11:16 PM - Response #11

Yes. We'll be building several community photo gallery layouts, but for now your best option is something like Snapfish or Photobucket.

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 11:19 PM - Response #12

That sounds good, Can you tell me how to set up a link.

Monday, September 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM - Response #13

Once you know the link to your external gallery, simply use your chain link icon to create a link to it.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM - Response #14

Thank you again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.