ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Separating mid-term classmates in profile list

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/20/12 08:54 AM Views: 1366 Replies: 5
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Any ideas to separate, or identify, mid-term classmates in the Classmate Profile list.

I saw that McClatchy62 used zz_ in front of the last name to group the mid-term at the end of the list.

I was thinking of adding *mt* in front of the first name. That would mix the mid-term with the June graduates but identify them as mid-term.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM - Response #1

Do you want to simply IDENTIFY them as mid term, or be able to separate them when you download the list of members?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM - Response #2

What is your purpose for separating? I have no use for separating. I do, however, indicate on their Edit Classmates/Details page, in my Admin NOTES area that they graduated mid-term or the year prior (as a junior). Only for me to know.

Edited 11/20/12 11:42 AM
Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 6:10 PM - Response #3

I agree. It seems to me there is a "Status Issue" to seperating which doesn't help bring people back togetherSadSad

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM - Response #4

I don't think showing the half-years separate is any different from having a multi-year site of two consecutive years. It's not dividing them or diminishing anybody. They each have a group identity that wants to be recognized - may have had separate graduation ceremonies - even though they're both part of a larger clan.

Ideally, CC would give us not just class years but fractional years, 1965.5, 1965b or something like that. Tricky, though.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM - Response #5

The idea sent a shiver up my spine. I agree with Robert and am not in favor of separating due to when an alum graduates during a year.

However, you could add a field in your Classmates Profiles. That would give you the info you want and note it on their profile.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.