ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Upload reunion pictures after the event?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/16/08 01:11 PM Views: 1797 Replies: 5
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Some members of our reunion committee would like to post pictures people take at the reunion to a site where everyone can download the ones they want. Do you know of a site that allows us to do this and is there a way to put a link on classcreator to that site? Or is there another way? Thanks, Arlene

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 1:29 PM - Response #1

Hi Arlene. We just had our 20th this past Saturday and I am in the same situation! We decided to use www.flickr.com. Classcreator accepts flickr slideshows and this is why we decided to use them. ALSO, FLICKR (NO"E") IS FREE!! You have to login using yahoo and if you don't have a yahoo account it will prompt you to create one.....but Yahoo is free too so EVERY classmate can send all of their photos to one site. Then flickr allows you to post or print photos anywhere you want. I just created a slideshow on flickr and uploaded it to classcreator myself. But, Lord knows I am not a computer person so there may be someone else out there with a better idea. I really wanted to post the photos fast while everyone is still on their HIGH FROM THE REUNION and this is what we came up with!

Smile Diann

Edited 07/16/08 1:31 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008 at 2:44 AM - Response #2

Arlene Chapman wrote:

Some members of our reunion committee would like to post pictures people take at the reunion to a site where everyone can download the ones they want. Do you know of a site that allows us to do this and is there a way to put a link on classcreator to that site? Or is there another way? Thanks, Arlene

We are working on a file library feature for sites with domain names to store files on the server. Later this year we also have a community photo gallery feature coming up.

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 1:09 PM - Response #3

I'm having trouble finding how to post after reunion pictures. Can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM - Response #4

Morris,

Try the Gallery Creator. Click on that left-side link and follow the instructions to create a left-side link where the classmates will view the photos when they are uploaded and also to create one or more galleries that will appear under that link when it is clicked. When you are done, remember to activate the left-side link so that classmates can click on it.

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM - Response #5

Arlene Chapman wrote:

Hi Arlene, I use Google's free PicasaWeb, which integrates nicely with Picasa (also free) that lets you manage locally stored photos/images/video. Albums can be Public, Unlisted or Private. Check it out Smile

We just had our 40th and I've been posting some classmates' photos in Unlisted albums which I provide links to from our Reunion site. Some classmates have used a feature where they can email their pictures into either a DropBox, or to named albums that I set up for them. I've provided embedded slideshows on our site that give a view of the photos, or they can go directly to the albums on PicasaWeb, bypassing the slideshows.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.