ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Text Box Limits

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/05/21 05:21 PM Views: 239 Replies: 3
Friday, March 5, 2021 at 5:21 PM

Thank you everyone. By directing me back to the Profile Generator, I was able to see mistakes I made in the original setup. I cleaned up what I could to fix my errors.

I appreciated your help.
Peggy

Original post

Are there text box limits for number of characters entered? I'm specifically looking at the areas on My Profile.

Thanks,
Peggy

Edited 03/07/21 6:31 PM
Friday, March 5, 2021 at 6:01 PM - Response #1

In the early days, there was a limit of 5,000 characters, with a character counter showing how many characters you have left. I don't see the character counter any more, so I think there's now no limit, but am not positive. We have one classmate who has about 4500 characters in the Comments section of her profile.

Friday, March 5, 2021 at 6:16 PM - Response #2

If you look in the profile generator, it appears to show limits of 400 characters for questions. It also shows a limit of 4000 characters for hints - which strikes me as either a typo or way overdone. But I don't see any limit displayed for classmate's answers.

I've got a couple classmates who were known for "never finding a sentence he couldn't turn into a paragraph". A quick check on one answer using a copy/paste into Word contained over 800 words. If he averaged 5 characters per word, that's over 4000 characters.

Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 10:17 AM - Response #3

There is no practical upper limit to the amount of text that can be entered in the profile fields. As a test I just uploaded an arbitrary amount of text that consisted of 5297 words, 28,251 characters without spaces and 33,491 characters that included spaces.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.