ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Approve announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/02/18 11:14 AM Views: 817 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM

I've received two notices that I have new announcements awaiting my approval. But I can't find where on the site to access the new announcements to evaluate and approve them. Where do I go?
This is what it looks like:

Helene Annie Rousset
11:23 AM (22 hours ago)

to me
Click here to approve new announcement from Helene Annie Rousset Goutal:

When I click "here" I get a message that I am not logged in as an administrator. When I log in, I can't find the place to review and approve.
Please help. Thanks.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 1:02 PM - Response #1

You need to go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for Homepage > Edit Announcements... you should see the new announcements listed at the top and not turned on. You can click Edit or Preview to see the announcement and then simply check the active checkbox to turn them on.

Friday, January 31, 2020 at 8:17 PM - Response #2

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

We're closing in on our 7th anniversary with Class Creator. Among the things that means is that along the way I've forgotten how I created some of the things unique to our site, and can't figure out how to undue other things.

Our site, as do all at the beginning, had a place at the top or bottom of the homepage where comments, or messages, I'm not sure what the right word is, appear. The Webmaster would review the content before it appeared. I didn't want these comments, or messages, to clutter (my word) the homepage. I remember doing something so no messages, or comments, have appeared on the homepage. At the same time, we created an Our Bulletin Board page for those messages.

In part, the Our Bulletin Board page is populated by comments, or messages that are emailed to me. Either I, or my co-administator, edit, or physically copy, and paste paste the content on the Our Bulletin Board page. Other times, when I log into the site, there is a notice/link that tells me there is a message (I'm not sure if message is the right word) for me to review. I click the link, review the message, and post it on the Our Bulletin Board page.

This week a couple of things happened. A member asked me what he needed to do in order to post an announcement through the Website, not an email to me. (I would be able to review what he wrote and post it.) I couldn't do it. Second, I asked the last person who wrote something that generated a notice/link what he did. He had no idea what he did.

Any help, to direct someone how to create an announcement, and direct me to get to the page where I can edit would be much appreciated.

Friday, January 31, 2020 at 9:59 PM - Response #3

Sounds like you turned off the Announcements box on the home page. If it was still active, you could check the box on the Announcements set-up to allow members to post announcements in that box - which would only be displayed if approved by the admin.

Members can "Post a Message to the Class" on the What's New page (or in their own profile), but the only control you have is to edit/delete it after the fact.

Friday, January 31, 2020 at 11:55 PM - Response #4

I'm afraid I'm managing to get deeper in the mud. My health is keeping my time and energy at the computer at a minimum, so if I'm being thick, I probably am.

That said, you are right about my having turned off the Announcement box on the homepage. It's now on. (At least I think it is.) Doing that alone doesn't appear to do anything. I think that's consistent with my understanding of what you wrote.

This where the mud returns. You refer to "Announcements Setup". I don't know what that is.

Sorry, I'm hitting a wall. In case what I've written sparks a thought, I'm sending it now and will pick up things tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Barry

Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 12:26 AM - Response #5

It does not appear to be on, but might not display if all active announcement are set to Logged in Only, or if there aren't any active announcements.

When you went to Edit Site Pages > Edit Homepage to turn Announcements on, you could click on Edit Announcements to see if there are any active - and at the bottom there's a check box to allow members to post announcements - which must be approved.

One more thing... Anyone can post a 'message' that all can read by everyone in the Message Forum or User Forums - if you have either of those turned on. Again, in the Message Forum, the only control you have is editing or deleting after the fact, but in the User Forums you can set the option to "Moderate" any new forums or posts.

Edited 02/01/20 12:29 AM
Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 6:32 PM - Response #6

John:

Sorry it's taken so long to convey my thanks. Announcements was not turned on. Neither Message, nor User Forums are turned on, by design.

Thanks.

Barry

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.