ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PICTURES

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/16/08 11:16 AM Views: 1772 Replies: 13
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 11:16 AM

How do I post pictures from the reunion party?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM - Response #1

To upload photos to your web site:

1) Log into your web site.

2) Click on "Edit Site Pages" from your Administrative links (the third block of links).

3) Click the Edit button next to the page you wish to insert photos into.

4) When your editor pops up, click the little yellow "Image button" near the left hand corner.

5) Click the browse button, select your image, and press the "Send It To the Server" button.

6) Press Ok, then press Ok again. You will now see your image in your editor.

7) Right click (control click on Mac) on your image and then select "Image Button Properties" to set alignment options for your image.

Note: It's ok to upload oversized images to your site, such as large photo scans. Our system will automatically resize your images to fit perfectly on your web page. After inserting your image just press the Save button, and you will see that your photo has been perfectly sized for your page.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 7:34 PM - Response #2

Pictures,

so does that mean I (Administrator) is the only one who can post pictures to the website?

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

Any Classmate with Administrator privileges can post pictures on your web site. We will also be releasing a Community Photo Gallery module later this year that will allow Classmates to participate in group photo galleries.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 3:21 PM - Response #4

What is the projected time line for the community photo gallery to be up and running? Being one of three administrators and trying to post everyone's pictures from the reunion is somewhat of a tedious task to say the least.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 5:51 PM - Response #5

Late Fall. Numerous requests are on the list before it. In the meantime you may want to use something like Photobucket and link off to that.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 6:59 PM - Response #6

what if I do not have the yellow image button?

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM - Response #7

Have you guys considered hooking up with the API of an existing photo sharing site like Flickr? You'd get a lot of "free" functionality by hooking into an existing site like that. For your users it might be as simple as entering the name of the "Flickr Group" that contains your photo album, and then that appears as an album on our class site. I realize this is a lot more work for you guys on the back-end, but it might be less than creating something from scratch or even implementing something pre-packaged (and those pre-packaged solutions usually have crappy UI).

That does require that folks make a little effort to join and understand how Flickr (or whatever service) works, but I think the payoff would be worth it.

I mention Flickr because I use that service already, and it's pretty darned easy to use. As part of my regular photo upload/sharing I could just take an extra step to submit my photos to the "CHS Class of 1988" (in theory - haven't actually created that group yet) photo group, and if that group automatically appeared here it would be awesome!

Thanks for all your efforts in making it easy for us class webmasters to provide a high quality site with little effort on our parts!

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM - Response #8

Although a viable solution, we're already building our own. Two advantages of making our own are:

1) No need to log into two separate systems (overall less confusion for people).

2) We can make galleries that specifically match some of the Class Creator designs. For instance, if you're using one of the upcoming themed templates, you'll also be able to choose a photo gallery layout meant to work well with the themed design.

Not to mention with our own code, if we need to change anything, or make other decisions in the future, we'll have the power to make those changes and not be dependent on somebody else's functionality.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM - Response #9

Amanda Herzer wrote:

what if I do not have the yellow image button?

Don't use Safari for Mac right now, as we're currently updating our Safari editor. Instead, when you need to upload images, please use Firefox for Mac.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM - Response #10

That makes sense.

I'm just eager to get a solution as quickly as possible, as I'm sure everyone else is as well. I'm getting pressure from the rest of my class reunion committee to provide something ASAP. It's one of those things that users see in other places on the web and therefore think it should be easy "because everyone else is doing it."

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 7:27 PM - Response #11

Heh. Well, it is actually easy... But so are many of the 507 other things on the Task List. Just a matter of priority. We're currently working on fixing the hijacking security loophole, which we have to consider more important than photo galleries. At least for now people can indeed upload pictures to any page of their site -- albeit without a whole lot of organization or functionality.

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:02 AM - Response #12
warrior[1].jpg

When I click on the image button, I then click send to server, then OK, but then it comes up type in URL. What do I put here. I can't get past it.

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM - Response #13

You're not waiting long enough for your image to transfer to the server. Try waiting longer. Or, if you want to speed up the process, resize your image to 1,000 pixels wide before you upload it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.