ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

No email/No Social Media

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/18/22 11:30 AM Views: 3333 Replies: 5
Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 11:30 AM

Suggestion/Need Ideas - We have a few classmates who do not have email, are not on social media. They prefer being contacted via USPS or Phone. Our classmate site depends on an email address for profile. It would be nice to have a way list of these members so that we can remember to contact them via other means for reunions or other events.

Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 2:34 PM - Response #1

You could create a new profile question using the Profile Generator to make a "No Email" question (Yes or No) and mark it Admin Edit Only (I think they're made that option universal now) so others won't mark it by mistake. You would have edit their profiles to answer that question for those who qualify, and could then download a class list including that field to sort on and print.

You could even find a little mailbox icon and attach that to the Yes answer in that question so it would show up on the class list next to their name.

Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 2:51 PM - Response #2

Another option would be to create an AirTable (www.airtable.com) database to identify the email exceptions(and any other data you may want).

Airtable is free and very easy to use.

Click the link below to see a sample
Your text to link here...

Edited 09/18/22 3:02 PM
Monday, September 19, 2022 at 8:26 AM - Response #3

Thanks! I dont see an admin only option? Mailbox option is cute.

Monday, September 19, 2022 at 9:54 AM - Response #4
AdminEdit.jpg

The Admin Edit check box feature was added in response to a request to be able to add custom icons to profiles where classmates can't select or change them. (see attached).
It was originally added to those sites whose admins had posted in the Forum thread asking for that feature, but I thought that it had been expanded to everyone after it was tested and welcomed by those who'd asked for it.

Monday, September 19, 2022 at 10:13 AM - Response #5

I do not see the admin only box. I was thinking of maybe setting up an email address for our class and using it as a default email for these members. I have to still think this all the way though. But at least it will show that they are active on the website and will remind me to contact them when reunions or other events occur.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.