ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Agenda

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/06/09 07:30 PM Views: 1628 Replies: 6
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM

As chair of our 58 yr reunion, after 2 meetings I need to have an agenda sent to my committee ahead of our next meeting. I have a pyramid plan in mind. Chair, co-chair, secretary, treasurer, promotion chair(what positions for under him), entertainment chair(same question) and on down. I'm very new at this so for those of you who have gone through this experience, could you please advise me?
Thank you in advance.... Diane

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM - Response #1

Please rephrase your question. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM - Response #2

I apologize. That was a very muddled paragraph. Could anyone who has chaired their own reunion, let me know how he/she broke down her committee into their own sub committees as far as a specific job task. I want to have an agenda ahead of time to e-mail our committee as to what we will be discussing at our next meeting. Just would like to know how some of the reunion chairs handled this. Hope this is clearer to you (than mud)Smile

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 9:43 PM - Response #3

Thanks for making it clearer to me.

Ken

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 12:12 AM - Response #4

Here's how we have worked on our 50th Reunion. We had 12 members of the committee

Reunion Committee Members
search coordinator A-H
search coordinator I-M
search coordinator N-R
search coordinator S-Z
communications/mailings
decorations
webmaster
program booklet
welcome/name tags
photography/entertainment
class president, reunion host
steering committee chair, finance

We also had 16 other searchers working with the four coordinators. (out of over 600 classmates we found all but 34).

I think that a agenda is very good to have but don't see the need for an org. chart. Too much structure I think will turn people off. One good leader works well with everyone reporting their progress monthly.

IMHO and with over 45 years of volunteer leadership.

Edited 10/07/09 12:16 AM
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM - Response #5

We didn't get any official titles, but we all took on different tasks.

*Chairman - called the meeting and lead the discussion. (Did the mailings)

Treasurer- Had report of money in the bank.(Wife did online Registration)Help determine cost for events after reviewing and negotiating contracts.(He's a banker)

Event Planner - Checked prices of locations and menus and presented to committee.

*Silent Auction Chairman - Keep track of auction items and set up tables with tally sheets and tags and collected the money. List was on website. Items donated by classmates and money used for next reunion and website.

*Search Team - Searched the paper, facebook, alumni sites to locate lost classmates and updated website as she located classmates. Could use someone to pay for search in papers to add obits to memory page.

*Mail Chairman - Created Brochures/flyers/postcards etc.. mailings and mailed them.(she owns a mailing business)Download list from website. Keep track of returned mail and updated list on website.

Registration - Checked people in at events, Name Tags, CD gift, Tee Shirts for sale.

*Online Registration - Worked with treasurer (her husband) and entered info on the website under reunion planner.

Entertainment - Lined up DJ for Banquet. Also complied Video from past reunions and put them on a CD as a gift for classmates in attendance. Arranged for a some one to take Video of Banquet. Also was emcee of the Talent show along with Class President who lived out of town.

Photographer - Took pictures of the two events. Individual pictures and class group pictures at both events(Husband of webmaster) No cost.To put pictures on website and send invite to view from Kodak Gallery. They could order if they wanted. For those with no computer, provided an order form to mail pictures they wanted.

*WebMaster - Set up website and set guidelines for Admin on what the process was for entering names and updating of classmates. Star *chairmans had Admin access.(That's another list) Updated Maps from motel, with arrows showing where the reunion was at. Pulled names from web to make name tags with yearbook pictures from web. Printed a list of those attending with extra columns until reports are ready. (Set up site in 3 months)

Charlie - Was at some of the meetings provided the laughs. Was in charge of room temp at events!
'Cool'
Does that give you some guidelines? We just finished our 45th Reunion this last weekend. Sure glad we had the website. Classmates couldn't say enough about it. It sure helps in keeping our list in order. One list not three. I think we finally got it up to date! Now working on getting more classmates to sign on and keep their information up to date. Good Luck. 'Very Happy'
kk

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 8:47 AM - Response #6

How did you keep classmates updated who did not have access to computers and your website?
classmate Jim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.