ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Creating Classmate Profile categories

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/18/13 01:33 AM Views: 754 Replies: 2
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I've been unable to find anything current about creating our own Profile categories.

As it is, there are a few ready-made Profile Categories, such as:

• Profile updated since your last visit:        
  • User has created a profile:       
  • Profile contains photos:       
  • Profile updated within past 6 months:       
  • In Memory:       
  • Contains "In Memory" entry:       
  • Military Service:

Some people have requested the opportunity to create our own, as needed. One reply was to add parenthetical descriptions, such as: John Jones (Teacher) or Sally Smith (School Staff). I've also tried prefaced last names with zz_.

Too often, classmates don't like the zz_ and remove it. The parentheticals are not a bad idea for small numbers, but some especially wish to segregate the spring from the June or winter graduating classes, even though they were all in the same graduating year. Some people feel VERY strongly about this.

Is this an upcoming option available to admins?

Thanks,
Bob

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM - Response #1

It has been discussed and is planned to add special categories (definable by the admin) and have special icons for those categories. Some examples could be "June Graduation)", "Football team", "Orchestra", "Cheerleader", etc. These categories would then be filterable on the Classmate Profiles page.

I can give no timeline about when this change will be implemented, only that it has been talked about.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.