ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/08/17 02:29 PM Views: 890 Replies: 9
Friday, December 8, 2017 at 2:29 PM

I need to see the most recent people added to our In Memory section. I tried to download list but there is no field for "entered". We do not use the year deceased and the last update no good either.

Is there any other way to do this?

Friday, December 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM - Response #1

Since we do not record that date that the members were added, there is not likely to be a good way to get that info.

Friday, December 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM - Response #2

We keep a separate database where we record all the stuff that CC doesn't do, including when the deceased's status was changed on the website, which publication issues they'll be shown in, and how we verified their passing - obit, family notification, online Soc Sec death index, etc. We've had too many classmates tell us of losses only to have the classmate refute it!

We also maintain a Post Office formatted address ready to mail to, since what classmates enter on the website isn't always correct or complete. We record the source of the address update and the date we last knew it was valid, since it's not always from the website. This is why we keep asking for the CC download to have the date of contact info changes, not just profile updates.

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 1:07 PM - Response #4

The problem I had is that I was in the hospital for awhile (OK now) and I could not get to the database where we keep the records. I did a search on my emails and I believe I got all. Is there a way to see this by the emails that were sent?

Also, the data base is the biggest problem with have. I always kept address on Access. The problem with that is I would have to update everyone's address whenever something changed. I did this for a lot of years but now that the company that does the mail checks the address I usually do not update manually. Of course this leads to other problems. Out database of 30,000 is out of control!!!

What do people do?

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 3:21 PM - Response #5

God bless you, Roy for trying to keep a database of 30,000 people up to date. After viewing your site, it seems like an almost impossible task to keep track of so many classmates. I'm hoping you have some good helpers. Best wishes in getting your difficulties resolved.

Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 4:13 PM - Response #6

Our whole database is about that big, too. I've split off the pre-1930s. We have it in Excel. I added a column with all the CC ID numbers so I can sort it and synch it up with the downloads. Then I do an automated comparison (formula =exact)of emails and addresses, especially for those where the update dates are since my last check - filter or sort. But for contact info updates it's easier to just use the email notifications as they come in since that's not included in the download. I save up about 10 at time. That's about the only thing I do for our alumni association now since nobody else wants to.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 4:45 PM - Response #7

Mary,

I would not know where to begin to to that on excel. I can understand that no one wants to do it. I am the only one doing it now. I am not sure where to go from here. There has got to be an easier way.

As for In Memory I did get them from my emails.

ray

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 11:01 AM - Response #8

RAY,
For some reason, this thread popped up in my email today.
Did you ever get this issue resolved?
I realize this is several years old, but I did find this:

Using the Export Wizard, you can export data from an Access database to in a file format that can be read by Excel.

Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 12:36 PM - Response #9

My database is still out of control. I am starting to look for ways to get better.
Thank you

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.