ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Gallery 'bounces' when trying to scroll

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/24/15 05:08 PM Views: 756 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Hi,

In one of our sub- galleries about reunion Trolley Sites, there are pictures of the sites seen with descriptions in the caption boxes... limited to 1000 characters.

In the Preview link of some that have longer descriptions, we can not scroll down to read the rest of the print ... it just keeps 'bouncing' back up.

Here is an example:
http://www.southside64.com/class_gallery.cfm?gallery_id=40561

Can this be fixed?

Thanks, N

Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM - Response #1

Are you letting the photo caption wrap normally? It looks like most of the text is being constrained to only about half of the usable area, which is what's really causing this. I suggest editing the text and taking out any hard enters and letting the content flow normally.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 7:07 PM - Response #2

ok, Brad, thanks... will try that. Appreciate a Saturday cold Michigan eve's answer.

We're supposed to get 3" tomorrow. N

Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 7:55 PM - Response #3

Sorry, Brad.. but I don't know how to see a Source view in the Caption boxes. I deleted the text and re-wrote it, but it's still not right.

How does one know where to find the hard spaces, etc.

The original entry was too long for the caption box's limits so I had to delete parts of it after putting it in the box. I thought starting over and just typing what the space allowed would do the trick, but not so.

Where do I go from here pls?

Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM - Response #4

Ah, I took a further look. Some of the photos are super small. Like check out #2 for instance. What that does is gives the caption room very little space to wrap. If you make the photo larger you'll have more space. Or for the moment simply write a less lengthy caption if your photo is super tiny.

We've been working on some other things lately but I'd like to get back to Gallery Creator at some point upcoming and give the entire system an update. The current slideshow format can be neat but usability leaves something to be desired.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 11:53 PM - Response #5

ok, that's fair enough ..again my appreciation to you and your staff. You have done amazingly well. I'm sure your Dad is looking down with a big grin on his face ... driving some fancy race car, no doubt!

Thanks for the answer. N

Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM - Response #6

Hah! Oh yes, I have little doubt that's the case. Thank you Nancee.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.