ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Interactive prayer option

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/03/13 02:34 PM Views: 938 Replies: 6
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hello from NC. Suggestion for a future option: Creating a Prayer link that would work similar to In Memory---ie. a classmate is added to the Prayer link - and folks then type their prayer - which is available for viewing by all

thanks for any consideration
Irma Comer

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM - Response #1

We actually have one site (thought I can't remember off the top of my head who it was), who is using his User Forums for this exact purpose. He set up a forum for Prayer requests, and then the topics within that forum can be added for new Prayers and then users can comment on each one.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott. I actually thought about that forum -- but my past experience with the format of the User forum - is that its not as 'user friendly' as that of the In Memory.

I'll consider using it --- and thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep a newly designed Prayer link on my 'wish list' for future developments.Laughing-

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM - Response #3

Scott, I'm sure you will post the class site that is doing that when it surfaces, right? Smile

Irma - I like that idea too!

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM - Response #4

We have a forum in place and named it Thoughts and Prayers. At first it was pretty popular but no matter how many forums I add they still like the one main one to write on. It's funny since it's still all the same people who posted on the others.

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #5

That's an interesting request. Now mind you, mine is a very small school (75 graduates in one year). Also, it was a Catholic girls' school. So you might say I have a captive audience.
Be that as it may, 40 days before our last presidential election there was a site called "If My people 2012) that posted generic prayer for our government every single day up to election day. What I did was embed that day's video (or you could post a prayer request) on a blank announcement page and entitled it appropriately. Then each and every day I would post &/or change my announcement that I posted at the top of the homepage encouraging members to go to the prayer page. At that time, all members received a notice that a new announcement had been posted on the homepage.
That way the prayer would not be in everyone's face (or the prayer request, in your case), but was easily accessible to those who were interested (or those who considered themselves to be prayer warriors in your case).
It's just a thought, but it worked for me. It was also one of the ways I maintained a high volume of hits onto the site thereby increasing the attendance number to the reunion. Hope this helps or,at least, gives all of us food for thought on the subject.
Barbara

Edited 04/22/13 9:05 PM
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM - Response #6

Whenever we have a prayer request it is posted on the announcement section of the home page viewed by logged in members only, especially if it's a medical condition. But for prayers for victims of natural calamities, from violence and acts of terrorism,the announcement is for everyone to see like the Boston Marathon bombings. For products of a Catholic school where Religion was a subject from Kinder to Senior high, maybe a Prayer Link would be in order. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.
Thelma

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.