ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Javascript Enabled Method

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/22/14 01:04 PM Views: 691 Replies: 5
Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Does anyone know of a reliable method to check whether a visitor's browser has Javascript enabled and to present them with a message if it is not?

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 3:11 PM - Response #1

Since CC pages will not work without javascript enabled, not sure you need to worry. Question

The top browsers have javascript enabled and it takes a bit of poking around now to disable it. It was a little easier in older versions, but still not that easy for most users.

But if you reall want to try and you know javascript, here's one way. Run a script that modifies a message that by defaults (in your html) says to enable javascript. It works since if javascript is not enabled the message stays around. But it will be there for a split second.

Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM - Response #2

Sorry, I had a senior moment. I forgot, all I need is a [noscript] tag. It works just like I wanted.

I don't know how many web users turn off Javascript or even know how. I turn it off so scripts do not automatically run on web sites I visit. I turn it back on for sites I trust. With FF and 'NoScript', its easy.

Monday, March 24, 2014 at 10:40 PM - Response #3

Stopping by to say "Hi, Neighbor" to Tom. McHenry HS here. Smile

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 10:42 AM - Response #4

Hi Gwen. I my be Admin for Crystal Lake's 1966 class, but I'm a long way from home. I guess your class was too long after the Schuringa twins.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM - Response #5

Well, I am in the lower 48. Smile

I have that last name in the class of '59, but only one person with that last name on the alumni site. We continue to ask for class lists... one day, we may have them all.

Thomas (Tom) Leigh wrote:

Hi Gwen. I my be Admin for Crystal Lake's 1966 class, but I'm a long way from home. I guess your class was too long after the Schuringa twins.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.