ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion: Birthdays

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/12/08 07:41 AM Views: 1264 Replies: 4
Friday, December 12, 2008 at 7:41 AM

I'm sure this has been thought of but I wanted to suggest it as well.

It would be really cool to be able to have the system email the administrator when someone's birthday is on the horizon. It would be even cooler if we could set up a card so the system would email them on their birthday!

David

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 9:30 AM - Response #1

If you "Subscribe" to someone's profile it will email you about a week before the birthday.

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 9:42 AM - Response #2

Okay that's good news but I can't do a "MASS SUBSCRIBE" can I?

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM - Response #3

The only way I can figure out how to do a "mass subscribe" is when you set up a profile. You could add another entry for yourself in the class list, then go through the set-up process again (on the last page of the wizard, you can 'select all' classmates to be notified of profile updates -- which will tell you about birthdays.
After you've done the set up, you can then make the new entry for yourself invisible by setting "Show On Class List" to "No"

Friday, December 12, 2008 at 5:23 PM - Response #4

We'll shortly have a new "Profile Subscriptions" link under your Member links, where you can see who you're subscribed to, and you can quickly subscribe to everyone if you want. If you subscribe to a Classmate's Profile, you not only get notified in advance of the Classmate's Birthday, you also get notified again on the day of the Classmate's Birthday too.

Unfortunately we can't link off to any ecard services because email addresses are not visible within the site. Thus people would have no idea who to actualy send the ecard too. We may build this into the system itself at some point though. Not until we're much further along with the current Task List though.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.