ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Conversion to Multiple Years

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/31/10 08:51 PM Views: 2116 Replies: 11
Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Is it possible to convert three separate ClassReunion websites into one Multiple site without having to re-input all existing content, especially Profiles?

Apart from a segregated Classmate Profile list, what other pages are divisible into different years?

Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #1

No, there unfortunately is no such site blending utility, but it would be very cool if there was.

The Classmate Profiles page is really the only actual page that is divided into different class years. You will notice a few other differences though, such as on many areas of the system the class year will appear in parenthesis after the Classmate's name. You'll also have a new Teacher Profiles feature available if you choose to use it.

Edited 07/31/10 9:35 PM
Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:20 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

No, there unfortunately no such site blending utility, but it would be very cool if there was.

The Classmate Profiles page is really the only actual page that is divided into different class years. You will notice a few other differences though, such as on many areas of the system the class year will appear in parenthesis after the Classmate's name. You'll also have a new Teacher Profiles feature available if you choose to use it.

Brad, don't I recall you indicating that there is an upcoming enhancement to "link" class websites together if all are on ClassCreator.com? That would be way kewl, if my class of 1960 could formally visit Class of 1959 or 1961, whatever. That might be of interest or work for Michael at Durban, if so.

Edited 07/31/10 9:21 PM
Saturday, July 31, 2010 at 9:37 PM - Response #3

We have a Guest Pass system suggested for this scenario quite awhile ago here and unfortunately it got placed behind numerous other requests we felt were higher priority. It's still on the to do list though, so Admins who allow it can have Classmates from the same school and different class years participate in the site in ways allowed by the Admin. It'll still be awhile before we get to this though, lots to do.

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM - Response #4

Hi - we are in the process of deciding what to do also regarding the multiple year site option... SMNW Class of '72 was the first class to attend all 3 yrs at the newest high school built in the Shawnee Mission School District at the time; however, we were close to the other beginning classes of '70, '71, and '73 (in 1969 the Class of '70 and '71 had the option of remaining at their current h.s. or finishing their h.s. years at the new Shawnee Mission Northwest High School in Shawnee, Kansas and as such were smaller classes than subsequent years). Class of '71 and '73 have websites on Class Creator at the present; however, they would like to have our help and we are at the point where we can help them. My co-administrator and I are a little different in what we would like to see happen - Mac likes 1 site and I like the idea of being able to have our own class site and just link with the other classes and be able to go back and forth without separate passwords, etc.... Hope we see more info on this in the future and thanks for all that Brad and Class Creator does for h.s. class sites !

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM - Response #5

Yes, I am anxiously awaiting that link for other classes using ClassCreator. I want my class pure as a single year, but linking to other classes would be wonderful!

Making my site a multi-year just seems to me that I will get stuck with all the work for all years. I suppose the biggest thing really is getting other classes onto a spreadsheet for import though.

I have already got at least 2 more classcreator sales lined up for prior and later year to my class.

Any chance the link classes capability will be by this year end? please, please....Very Happy

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM - Response #6

We'll try, but our major focus here is a total system restructure. You'll see why this is so important shortly, but the project is a whole staff project that will take the next 10 weeks, minimum. So we're looking at mid October or slightly later just for this alone. Then with just 8 weeks left in the year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. it's hard to promise this by year's end. This and many other things are important though, so stay tuned, ultimately we'll get them all in there.

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM - Response #7

Brad Switzer wrote:

We'll try, but our major focus here is a total system restructure. You'll see why this is so important shortly, but the project is a whole staff project that will take the next 10 weeks, minimum. So we're looking at mid October or slightly later just for this alone. Then with just 8 weeks left in the year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. it's hard to promise this by year's end. This and many other things are important though, so stay tuned, ultimately we'll get them all in there.

Thanks Brad, totally understand. Hope you are enjoying Diane's Maple Syrup from Canada. Very Happy

I was wondering what I might send you someday from my area, which is in the California Gold Rush Area, as well as a Mark Twain hangout for awhile.

Trust me, if I find any Gold Nuggets, I WILL NOT send those to you.....LOL. Mark Twain Frog Jump frogs.........ewwww. Hmmm, we do have some great wine vineyards here though.

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM - Response #8

How about this, next time I'm out in the CA Gold Rush Area, maybe we can have lunch where Mark Twain used to hang out. Now that sounds like fun. And I'll even let you buy. Wink

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 12:19 PM - Response #9

Deal! Let me know. I am like 20 minutes from Calaveras Big Trees park, and about an hour from Yosemite. Your family and kids would enjoy all of that. Heck come in April, for annual Mark Twain Frog Jump competition. That's fun too.

Edited 08/02/10 12:20 PM
Monday, August 2, 2010 at 5:47 PM - Response #10

Don't be surprised if I show up there with kids. I've been to the Calaveras Big Trees and Yosemite before having kids, and I know my daughter and son would absolutely love it. My 2 year old is constantly dragging me by the hand to get off the computer and go outside. He just loves being outside. I bet the whole family would really enjoy seeing the huge trees.

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 5:57 PM - Response #11

Kewl! Give me a few days notice,not that I ever really go anywhere for long.............unless it is my Class Reunion....LOLVery Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.